Who dug these holes in my pasture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who dug these holes in my pasture?

Have recently noticed a "crop" of newly dug holes scattered throughout one particular pasture at our ranch. (See attached pics)

Someone suggested these might be badger dens and they show most of the hallmarks for such: dug during birthing season, large mound in front of hole, scratch marks on the side "walls" of the hole (usually left side only??), deep and cavernous, etc. However, most images of badger holes that I find online mimic the shape of a badger's body; i.e., broad and wide. The holes I'm finding have a distinct verticality to them that has me perplexed.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Files

Yea, not a badger. Full grown badger couldnt squeeze into that hole. Im no help on what it IS though.

Comment

Bigfoot track. Sorry- no help.

Comment

Game cam and a concrete stake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Start digging until you find it....

Comment

Coyote trying to get at a rat, rabbit, etc...?

Comment

Trap it

Comment

Stick your arm in there and let's see.

Comment

Get some string and bacon. Could be a big crawfish.

Comment

I see a new noodling technique that has "viral' possibilities on youtube.

Comment

Within the last year I was told that one that looked identical to that was from a mother Coyote. That is what they do when they have little ones? No idea, just what I was recently told.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                        Have recently noticed a "crop" of newly dug holes scattered throughout one particular pasture at our ranch. (See attached pics)

Someone suggested these might be badger dens and they show most of the hallmarks for such: dug during birthing season, large mound in front of hole, scratch marks on the side "walls" of the hole (usually left side only??), deep and cavernous, etc. However, most images of badger holes that I find online mimic the shape of a badger's body; i.e., broad and wide. The holes I'm finding have a distinct verticality to them that has me perplexed.

Any thoughts?
                        I have a hole very similar to that on my property. It is in the middle of a 25 acre open field. Curious as well.

Comment

Looks like coyote.

Comment

Armadillo?

Comment

do you have gophers? something may be after them

Comment

Working...
                              X