X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Because 4mm makes a huge difference? [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m not following you. Ballistics on supers basically the same but 7.62x39 ammo significantly cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DedDucks View Post
      I’m not following you. Ballistics on supers basically the same but 7.62x39 ammo significantly cheaper.

He reloads, savvy.

Comment

Opinions of 300 Blackout

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Because 4mm makes a huge difference? [emoji849]

Maybe you mean 3/1000ths of an inch...

Last edited by DedDucks; 04-16-2021, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          He reloads, savvy.

Sorta

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Cannot be taken seriously with such stupid analogies.

I shot the hog twice in the head where I always shoot hogs, and the cartridge failed to kill the hog in a timely manner. I don't honestly remember what bullets they were because it wasn't my rifle, but they were a factory hunting bullet of some kind. It doesn't really matter, we found a superior option.

I don't doubt the blackout is much more capable when loaded with some of the lighter rounds mentioned, but then it's not subsonic and therefore just a less effective option than others out there.
            no, what's stupid is shooting anything twice with 1377ft/lbs of energy and blaming the bullets for the poor shots .. i shoot pigs all the time with cyclade 50 grain subsonic 22lr ..they drop like a stone ... i file my wildlife exemption every year and attach dead pig pics a part of my predator control , and literally have hundreds of pigs pics over the years ... most of them with 300 blk as i started shooting it before you could even get brass in that caliber, when you had to cut and size 223 .. yeah a less than perfect shot and you could not recover them, but so is my buddy i hunt with , he shoots 30/06 and has not recovered some on my place ... let's face it , many people on the green screen should spend less time criticizing and more time practicing ... with new technology like the wraith , now we can record our hunts ... these are 2 hogs shot with 300 blk. 110 gr ... looks to me they just drop! but it does require knowing how to shoot . same with thermal .. over 100 yards ... no problem!

now put down the keyboard and go practice ... go go go!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1y8Gil-_j0&ab_channel=standbackitsgonnablo"]Sightmark Wraith pig hunt first test ... - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEfY1XYjc5s&ab_channel=standbackitsgonnabl o"]TRIJICON REAP-IR HOG HUNT With VIDEO OUT FIRST TEST - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

125 tnt ..300blk ..
              [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMQ2Vb7EjNg&ab_channel=standbackitsgonnabl o"]pig hunt june 12 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Closer View Post
                I love mine as well, every animal that has been shot at is dead. I’m shooting the 110 grain Barnes, 1 shot kills every time and that is the same for my kids. They both got their first bucks this year as well with the gun. I understand the trash talk but it’s just a flat out fun gun to shoot and has plenty to kill

and on an archery site to boot .... talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

i used to bow hunt... but everything i shot kept running off.... LOL

and then i found ... the barrett 50 cal ... and i've never been happier! Bow is for sale!

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                    no, what's stupid is shooting anything twice with 1377ft/lbs of energy and blaming the bullets for the poor shots .. i shoot pigs all the time with cyclade 50 grain subsonic 22lr ..they drop like a stone ... i file my wildlife exemption every year and attach dead pig pics a part of my predator control , and literally have hundreds of pigs pics over the years ... most of them with 300 blk as i started shooting it before you could even get brass in that caliber, when you had to cut and size 223 .. yeah a less than perfect shot and you could not recover them, but so is my buddy i hunt with , he shoots 30/06 and has not recovered some on my place ... let's face it , many people on the green screen should spend less time criticizing and more time practicing ... with new technology like the wraith , now we can record our hunts ... these are 2 hogs shot with 300 blk. 110 gr ... looks to me they just drop! but it does require knowing how to shoot . same with thermal .. over 100 yards ... no problem!

now put down the keyboard and go practice ... go go go!

Sightmark Wraith pig hunt first test ... - YouTube

TRIJICON REAP-IR HOG HUNT With VIDEO OUT FIRST TEST - YouTube

Why do you shoot 110s? Because the heavier ones are garbage.

If you arent trying to be quiet, the BO is inferior to the Grendel, 6.8, etc. That is a fact.

Wait, hundreds of pigs you say?lol GTFO of here, rookie.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Why do you shoot 110s? Because the heavier ones are garbage.

If you arent trying to be quiet, the BO is inferior to the Grendel, 6.8, etc. That is a fact.

Wait, hundreds of pigs you say?lol GTFO of here, rookie.

ahah .. I shoot 110's because i like them and they are cheap to shoot.
                      i shoot supers because subs drop 1 mil every 25 yards ,and with thermal it's too hard to judge distance ... 300BLK was around way before 6.8 and grendel.
                      and i have one of each of those too, but they all work and BLK fit in all my mags , the other 2 don't. and i kill everything i shoot , so why use the others?
                      my grendel is a 24". the 6.8 is a 16" wilson combat side charge. i put together..
                      the grendel i use wolf ammo that i pull the fmj bullets out and replace them with control chaos .. but dead is dead ... the blackout lays them down just fine .. and when i shoot them 300 and further ... 168gr speer gold dot in my 308 is my go to as it shoots phenomenal .68 of an inch at 400 ... about .25moa ...

but .. let me get this straight .. the guy who can't manage to kill a pig with
                      2 shots of a gun with over 1300ft/lbs calling anyone a rookie?
                      you need a 300WM ?.. most people who lack skill compensate and go bigger ... cause things just don't die otherwise ... what a lame excuse.

no , i think you need to gtfo ... and go practice .. seems all you know how to do well is talk smack .

Comment

So here's my question. To the guys that say the 300 is crap, what are/were your specs? Were you shooting a rifle, or a pistol? How many grains were your loads? Were they fmj's, hp's? What scope were you using? Thermals, IR, basic rifle scope? Were you shooting in daylight or nighttime? All these are legitimate questions. The same questions can apply to the guys that love or like the round? I am thinking about getting a 300BO for hog control on my little ranch, and to be honest with you, who freaking cares if you dont find the hog you shoot with it?? It's a freaking hog.

So here's my next question, is the 300 BO better in a rifle barrel or pistol. It will be suppressed as well.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Closer View Post
                          I love mine as well, every animal that has been shot at is dead. I’m shooting the 110 grain Barnes, 1 shot kills every time and that is the same for my kids. They both got their first bucks this year as well with the gun. I understand the trash talk but it’s just a flat out fun gun to shoot and has plenty to kill

Good to hear, I’m getting more invested in it lately as a kid’s hunting round, I haven’t shot anything with one yet, but that is the bullet I’m using and I have suppressors. Will be supersonic, within 50 yards for awhile.

Originally posted by MONSTERKEN View Post
                          So here's my question. To the guys that say the 300 is crap, what are/were your specs? Were you shooting a rifle, or a pistol? How many grains were your loads? Were they fmj's, hp's? What scope were you using? Thermals, IR, basic rifle scope? Were you shooting in daylight or nighttime? All these are legitimate questions. The same questions can apply to the guys that love or like the round? I am thinking about getting a 300BO for hog control on my little ranch, and to be honest with you, who freaking cares if you dont find the hog you shoot with it?? It's a freaking hog.

So here's my next question, is the 300 BO better in a rifle barrel or pistol. It will be suppressed as well.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
                          Wish there was more of that info in here also. Big difference between hitting one in the guts with a subsonic FMJ and putting a quality expanding supersonic pill behind the shoulder.

If guys were loading their .300 mags with subs it would be the same deal. The super loads at 100 yards are equivalent energy to a .308 at 500 yards. If you take the wind/making hits at that distance out of the equation, I wonder how many would say it packs enough punch?

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                            Good to hear, I’m getting more invested in it lately as a kid’s hunting round, I haven’t shot anything with one yet, but that is the bullet I’m using and I have suppressors. Will be supersonic, within 50 yards for awhile.

Wish there was more of that info in here also. Big difference between hitting one in the guts with a subsonic FMJ and putting a quality expanding supersonic pill behind the shoulder.

If guys were loading their .300 mags with subs it would be the same deal. The super loads at 100 yards are equivalent energy to a .308 at 500 yards. If you take the wind/making hits at that distance out of the equation, I wonder how many would say it packs enough punch?
                            guys, i'm gonna tell you right now .. 300blk. is a fantastic 100 yard hog cartridge ... i've shot tons of them it's my primary go to ... you can watch the bullet hit and hear it too with a can and thermal .. the people on here talking smack just lack the skill and the honesty to admit they made a bad shot that's all ... here is a video you need to watch .. it's good and it will clear up a lot of the reasons the uneducated criticize . you can see on my videos as well that i use the same point of aim in my shots and it has no problem stopping them in their tracks ... enjoy !

ps. i guarantee you some of them are gonna go huey outdoor.. this guy is a moron ... and they would be wrong as usual ... but hey, they're keyboard warriors , so .. what do you expect.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBaBrVnMMNA&ab_channel=LoneStarBoars"]How to hunt hogs. Best shot placement. - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Todd Huey is a 6.8 guy BTW.. this is what he said about the 300blk ... again ... getting info from someone who actually knows what they're doing makes all the difference ..
                              i shoot hogs the same way and get the same results

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=297KyLyyiMI&ab_channel=LoneStarBoars"]HOG HUNT WITH CMMG 300 BLACKOUT - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

1900 fps 150 grain blk ... group of 8 , hit 6 recovered 5 ... slow heavies .. but he doesn't make excuses , just admits he needs to lead them more ...

i guess this is what worthless looks like

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyjegKDWbd4&ab_channel=LoneStarBoars"]Winchester 150gr 300 Blackout Hog Hunt - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X