South Africa 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
    Long story short, the travel agent to told my buddy to get a passport, he got a Mexican passport, they told him at the airport he needed a visa. He asked the travel agent if they would reschedule him and they said no.
    This happened on my first trip. Wife is Mexican. Called the South African consulate. They told me she didn't need anything besides passport to go to SA. I have it in writing. Got to airport and they wouldn't let her on the plane. Called outfitter and rescheduled for later in the year.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
      Kicking around doing a hunt in S Africa this summer. Taking family so want a place where we can hunt a few days then sight see for another week or so. Any recommendations?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
      I've been to Limcroma several times. Wife does not hunt but they help you schedule other activities as well. We've rode elephants, walked with lions, played with cheetahs. Etc..... they also have lots of excursions like Sun City, Kruger, etc... Next trip will be taking my boys as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
        This happened on my first trip. Wife is Mexican. Called the South African consulate. They told me she didn't need anything besides passport to go to SA. I have it in writing. Got to airport and they wouldn't let her on the plane. Called outfitter and rescheduled for later in the year.

I forgot to add that if he'd have booked with the airline directly, they would've rescheduled his flight. But since he booked through the travel agent he was at their mercy. So my recommendation is always book your flight directly from the airline.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
          I've never been but I do know that if you're a legal resident, rather than a US citizen, do not assume a passport will suffice to fly to SA. It doesn't matter what the travel agent tells you. Good luck.

P.S. Baboons are usually a cheap add on. A baboon euro would look awesome!
          I wanted a big male Baboon when we went but my wife told me I could not shoot my cousin!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well unfortunately we have have to push the trip back to next year. There were a few in our group that were unsure about current travel issues. To say I am bummed is an understatement. We all agreed we wanted everyone going to be able to relax and enjoy the trip and not be worried with other outside factors. Hopefully they save a few good animals for me for next year. Thank you everyone for all the great insight on taking a trip like this.

Comment

Originally posted by trozy55 View Post
              Well unfortunately we have have to push the trip back to next year. There were a few in our group that were unsure about current travel issues. To say I am bummed is an understatement. We all agreed we wanted everyone going to be able to relax and enjoy the trip and not be worried with other outside factors. Hopefully they save a few good animals for me for next year. Thank you everyone for all the great insight on taking a trip like this.

That’s a bummer! I went in 2019 and it was an incredible trip. Positive thing for you is more time to save $$ and shoot more animals!! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X