Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any septic guys here? Help me fix my timer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any septic guys here? Help me fix my timer.

The control box for my septic is 8 feet from my head while I'm sleeping. It's mounted on the outside of the house on my bedroom wall, which is made of some sort of fiber board. Overnight, when the pump switches on and off, the THUMP of the electricity switching on and off is so loud it wakes me up.

I have read the manual for this timer, but I still do not understand how it works. Ideally I would like the timer to stay off all night long.

any way you could put some kind of rubber isolators where its mounted, so the 'thump' isn't so loud?

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
      any way you could put some kind of rubber isolators where its mounted, so the 'thump' isn't so loud?
      Yeah I plan to look at that too. It sounds like someone hitting a rubbermaid tub with a baseball bat. If I'm out cold I don't usually hear it, but if I'm drifting off or in a light sleep I'll get halfway through my draw stroke with my Glock before I realize it was just the **** timer again. Tired of patching 10mm bullet holes in the drywall.

Comment

Looks like it turns on a at 10:15 and off a 1:15 on both the AM and PM schedule. I see two options
        1. Being that is a 12 hour timer looks like you may need to switch to 24 hour timer with multiple settings. (Difficult and More money)
        2. Choose a time 12 hours a part that works better for you. IE 630-930 (Cheap and free)

Comment

Originally posted by 300rem7 View Post
          Looks like it turns on a at 10:15 and off a 1:15 on both the AM and PM schedule. I see two options
          1. Being that is a 12 hour timer looks like you may need to switch to 24 hour timer with multiple settings. (Difficult and More money)
          2. Choose a time 12 hours a part that works better for you. IE 630-930 (Cheap and free)
          There is a note inside the control box that says the timer is set to run for 10 mins every hour. That's what has me confused.

Comment

One timer enables the other timer.

Comment

One timer enables the other timer.
              What?

Comment

The 12 hour timer allows the 10 minute timer only to run during a certain time period.

When the 12H timer is "ON", the 10 minute timer can operate.
                When the 12H timer is "OFF", the 10minute timer cannot operate.

Comment

The 12 hour timer allows the 10 minute timer only to run during a certain time period.

When the 12H timer is "ON", the 10 minute timer can operate.
                  When the 12H timer is "OFF", the 10minute timer cannot operate.
                  Ok thanks I think I understand that now. Do you see the 10-minute timer in the pic? I didn't see anything else in the control box that looked like a timer besides this.

Comment

https://www.alliedelec.com/m/d/7d0b6...474a50c41a.pdf

Comment

@300rem7 I'm reading the manual again.
                      Looking at the top right of the timer, the OFF time is set to hours, and the green OFF hand is set to about 1.
                      Looking at the bottom right, the ON time is set to minutes (using the little screw), and the orange ON hand is at about 10.
                      So the timer is set to do exactly what the control box note says: Turn ON for 10 minutes every 1 hour.

Comment

Theres a reason it set at middle of night...
                        That water smells something fierce and you don't want to be out in the yard for crossfire when it goes off

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                          That water smells something fierce and you don't want to be out in the yard for crossfire when it goes off
                          Yeah it's not set to the middle of the night. It's set to come on for 10 mins every 1 hour once the float valve is lifted. I just got off the phone with a septic installer.

And I have drip emitters anyway.

Comment

That timer is typically used for dosing and drip irrigation. Do you have sprayheads or subsurface drip?

Click image for larger version

Name:	B92AD69F-95B5-47FE-955F-B88639C5F910.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	300.9 KB
ID:	24642191

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                              Wrong!! Will be absolutely no smell if if your tank is in septic stage and working properly.

Comment

Working...
                              X