Mary’s in Strawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mary’s in Strawn

Yes sir, headed to get some good groceries at Mary’s Saturday afternoon around 2pm. If you’re there come say hello, I’ll be wearing a black TBH shirt.

Just dreading the drive home.

That Drive home from there is the worst!
    Now Mary's is all I can think about! Cold Beer and Chicken Fry

Comment

I had one of the worst dining experiences of my life there last year so I won't be meeting up. Horrible food and the service was even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
        Yes sir, headed to get some good groceries at Mary’s Saturday afternoon around 2pm. If you’re there come say hello, I’ll be wearing a black TBH shirt.

Just dreading the drive home.
        Godspeed good sir.

Comment

Drooling already

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EZ40 View Post
            I had one of the worst dining experiences of my life there last year so I won't be meeting up. Horrible food and the service was even worse.
            I have been going there for 30+ years. I have gotten some really good CFS and some that I was not so happy with, but there have been way more good one`s than bad. If I got a bad one the first time I went I would not go back either. The Tex-Mex food is really good to and the chips and hot sauce are awesome. The fact that every weekend you basically have to wait outside to get in or make a reservation, speaks for itself. Mary Trotter (the owner) does a great job considering how hard it is finding and keeping good help in such a small town. Our family goes there 4-5 times a year just for birthdays and the service has always been good or better than most other places.

Comment

Best Chicken Fried Steak in the State!

Comment

Originally posted by Camsell7 View Post
                Best Chicken Fried Steak in the State!
                Come on maaaaan.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                  I have been going there for 30+ years. I have gotten some really good CFS and some that I was not so happy with, but there have been way more good one`s than bad. If I got a bad one the first time I went I would not go back either. The Tex-Mex food is really good to and the chips and hot sauce are awesome. The fact that every weekend you basically have to wait outside to get in or make a reservation, speaks for itself. Mary Trotter (the owner) does a great job considering how hard it is finding and keeping good help in such a small town. Our family goes there 4-5 times a year just for birthdays and the service has always been good or better than most other places.
                  I might try it again one day but I'd have a hard time convincing my brother and buddy. It gets brought up every time we pass the billboard on 20. It was really that bad of an experience. We sat there 15-20 minutes before anyone took our drink order. Food was extremely late and steak was badly burnt.

Comment

Good but not my favorite

Comment

Well ok then. I like it, by belly likes it. I’m gonna be there.

Comment

This looks good. Don't know where from.
                        Attached Files

Comment

They also make a killer hamburger. I went the first time 1979 when it was Flossy's across the street from Mary's. Was thinking about stopping by tomorrow on the way to Ft. Davis.

Comment

Mary's is good, but not quite the same since Mary don't cook no more.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                              This was likely my experience. I ate there one time and it just wasn't impressive. Didn't hate it, but I don't plan to ever go there again. At least not for the CFS, At least not on my own. If with a group and they want to go, then I'll give it another shot but probably will order something other than the CFS.

Comment

Working...
                              X