Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another great week hunting! (West Texas, Terrell County )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great week hunting! (West Texas, Terrell County )

First week of December pays off again. Once again it was getting down to the last couple of hunts. 2nd to last morning of our week long trip to the west Texas lease was when I shot this old 20-6/8” wide buck. We have pics of him from 2017 where he looks to be about 2-1/2 or 3-1/2 year old 8point. We never seen him in 2018-2019. @leon.cty.legend uncle seen him a few times but always passed him up thinking it was 17” wide! ( I think he’s probably waiting on a 400” whitetail [emoji2371] cause he is always coming back to camp with pics of awesome bucks on that IPhone [emoji23]). He kept the same 8 point frame from 2017 but obviously grew mass, tine length, beams and width.

Thursday night I told everyone at camp I was gonna do a all day sit Friday. Few of the guys said “screw that “ which I don’t blame them with the way the weather acted all week. Friday morning came. I packed porkchop, sausage, bread in ziplock bag and some drinks. I hunted a stand I had never hunted before that morning! Some guys were saying I should go to a stand called BS and @leon.cty.legend told me to not go there. He said if he was me he would go to a stand we named Outback. I went with Outback and around 7:15am, Friday morning, this buck steps out. I watched him for a few minutes and kept telling myself that he is bigger than 17” wide. He turned and faced away from me and shook his head. I immediately knew he was 20+ inches inside. I ended up taking this awesome buck once he finally turned broadside.

Few days prior, Sunday the 2nd of December he was seen at a different stand right at a mile away from where I got him. The picture of him and the young ten is the picture from the fenceline stand. Clean rack with no breaks. It’s Amazing how much they travel during the rut! Within five days he traveled a mile and broke about 4-5 inches at tip of main beam. I never noticed he had broke off the tip till I walked up on him. Didn’t matter cause I was tickled to death when I finally got to hold him. Friend finally showed up a hour later to load him up. Haha that sucker was Muy Gordo! That hand Aaron got him a good one that same morning too.

Thanks for the stand suggestion AB! He’ll definitely be hanging from the office wall with the others.

I was kind of upset I didn’t get to sit all day and eat my cold porchop and sausage [emoji23][emoji23]

1st pic -2017

2nd and 3rd pic- Sunday 12/2/19

All other pics -12/6/19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by eastxbowhunter; 12-11-2019, 11:45 PM.

It’s crazy how far and what some bucks will do during the rut.
    Congrats to you two on the kills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats. That’s a cool looking buck.

Comment

Congratulations! Those are some nice bucks.

Comment

Enjoyed the recap and congrats.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
            X