Son’s Uvalde Co Low Fence Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son’s Uvalde Co Low Fence Buck

We had been hunting this deer as our target buck for my son all season. Had pics of him here and there but had never seen him. Mostly pics at night and twice in the daylight around 5:30 pm the evening we rolled into camp! Then nothing! The buck is 6 1/2 plus and was a smart cookie. We decided last thurs to drive to the spot we park and sleep in the truck. Not fun!!!! We were in the pop up at 4 am and after 5 1/2 hours he popped out behind a doe. They were not at the feeder and it was a hit in less than a minute. Been a long season hunting him and we were both ecstatic that he was still in the area. We had been figuring he knew when we were there, but love is what got him in the end I am sure. He is no monster but mature is what is important to us. My son is slowly climbing up on his whitetails and this one was his biggest so far. We have had a great year here as my son shot a gold medal Aoudad, I got a gold medal Axis that just missed 150, and then this old guy. Very rewarding times for both of us indeed!
    Attached Files

Way to go! Congrats boys

Comment

Man hes got some brows on him congrats on the buck

Comment

Thanks! His brows gave him some cool character. He had recently broke that g3 so my son wanted it fixed! Haha......

Comment

Great story. That right there is a pure passion for deer hunting. Glad you got him and congrats.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Waydago! great buck

Comment

Nice buck, congrats to both of you !

Comment

love those brows!

Comment

Congratulations to both! Great looking buck. What part of Uvalde y'all hunting? We hunt 5 miles South of Concan on the Briscoe ranch. We have not seen a deer !

Comment

Yes, both of my sons and I have a true passion for the outdoors! We hunt off of 55 between Uvalde and Camp Wood. It has certainly been slow!!!!!!! Way too many acorns!!!!!

Comment

Congrats to the young man

Comment

Great buck

Comment

Congrats on a great buck!

Comment

Great mature buck!

Comment

Working...
                              X