No announcement yet.

Kerr Schreiner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they sit you in a blind or do you bring a pop-up? Can you use a tree stand?

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
      Do they sit you in a blind or do you bring a pop-up? Can you use a tree stand?
      Youth hunt they usually build brush in blinds for the hunters and draw for them. On this hunt they moved them around each hunt to give the kids a different view.

On adult hunts you draw for a location and put up a pop up or build a brush blind before your first hunt, then you stay and hunt until dark. I have seen deer within 1 hour of brushing my blind in. One year I had a yearling waiting on me to finish putting out corn so she could eat.

They encourage you to cut branches from the cedar trees and use them to brush in.
      Sometimes they will allow you to move if there are open blinds. Tree stand won't work there since most of the trees(cedar) are not tall enough.

Comment

As Mooney-Ag said we had a great hunt. A lot of animals seen some had arrows flung at them others just got watched. I got in late last night, so I will write up a summary after I get off work. Good luck to hunters today-will be hot then cold and raining.

Comment

So you can bait, right?

Comment

So you can bait, right?
            Yes, we have been allowed to bait in the past. A new park manager took over after last years hunt so we will see what changes have been made when we get there Friday.

Comment

They have been baiting for the last 2 weeks.

Comment

Sweet! I assume they have a game processing station?

Comment

I drive by it every day coming to work and going home. There's been a good bunch of blackbuck hanging out in the tepee field between the highway and the park road along the thickest brush line. There's been one real good blackbuck buck with them.

Comment

Sweet! I assume they have a game processing station?
                    Yes, at the check station. Has lights and 2 pulleys plus water and a gut barrel.

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                    I drive by it every day coming to work and going home. There's been a good bunch of blackbuck hanging out in the tepee field between the highway and the park road along the thickest brush line. There's been one real good blackbuck buck with them.
                    Shhhhh! 😉

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

We need an update from the bunch hunting now. The weather is gonna be rough in the morning but looks to be good tomorrow evening after the front rolls through.

Comment

Here’s a big daddy from 2017 that has sired some nice looking bucks in the park.

Click image for larger version

Name:	105210B4-C7C3-4F14-B226-ED8C27B35319.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	24601014

Comment

One from a couple months ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	13979120-7EA3-431F-92FE-08787E69FB1A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	24601015

Comment

I will try to give better updates than the current hunters starting Friday.

Comment

They've got some pretty incredible WT bucks there. To bad they are off limits.

If I had someone to watch my pup while I was gone, I'd put in for it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X