No announcement yet.

The 2020 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only issue and I'm sure I am way down in the minority is I shoot left handed but all my guns are right handed so I am not a fan of the large check pieces.

Comment

How far off would #3 be design wide from the maverick that you already sell? I like both 2 and 3 but will wait until the dust settles some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

#2 gets my vote, everytime!

Comment

Stick:
          Any chance for a DBM option with option 2 and the Game Hunter???

Comment

Might not make sense weight wise, $, etc. but what about the mcmillan A3 (tactical not sprorter)? Higher comb, verticle grip etc also shootable from both sides. Just an idea as I know that stock has become fairly popular. Then again its pretty close to last years AG.
            Last edited by OSU Fisher; 12-14-2019, 12:31 AM.

Comment

I like the game hunter. Cheek weld looks plenty high enough for any scope and no moving parts means there's nothing to break

Comment

The 2020 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread

Originally posted by Bonehead1283 View Post
                Stick:
                Any chance for a DBM option with option 2 and the Game Hunter???

This. Really want a DBM on all my rifles.

Wanted it some much on a SA savage of mine that I bought the bottom metal second hand and inletted it and realized it wouldn’t work afterwards. Ruined my stock.

Last edited by Bullseye07; 12-14-2019, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Just got back from APR’s shop and got to personally handle the option#2 prototype with the gamehunter stock. All that I can say is that it’s outstanding, much much better than I anticipated. Robert has really dialed it in. Its good enough that I would be equally happy with this option as the #3. The overall build is just excellent. Just wanted to pass along my personal opinion. Btw, the gamehunter will definitely give a good cheekweld on any of the big optics. Robert definitely knows what he is doing with this build and I would encourage everyone to defer to his judgment. The guy really knows how to build a high end rifle..very impressive.
                  R
                  Last edited by Rhettsker; 12-14-2019, 03:24 PM. Reason: Double post

Comment

Originally posted by Rhettsker View Post
                    Just got back from APR’s shop and got to personally handle the option#2 prototype with the gamehunter stock. All that I can say is that it’s outstanding, much much better than I anticipated. Robert has really dialed it in. Its good enough that I would be equally happy with this option as the #3. The overall build is just excellent. Just wanted to pass along my personal opinion. Btw, the gamehunter will definitely give a good cheekweld on any of the big optics. Robert definitely knows what he is doing with this build and I would encourage everyone to defer to his judgment. The guy really knows how to build a high end rifle..very impressive.
                    R
                    Perfect! Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhettsker View Post
                      R

This^^^. Some of y’all need to pick up what Robert is putting down in regards to build components. The guys at Alamo have skills, a lot of guys including myself would do well to lean on the experience of these guys.

Comment

I’ve never owned a carbon fiber stock. Are there paint options where the cf does not show through? All the pics I’ve seen thus far has the cf showing through.

Comment

Originally posted by sgtau44 View Post
                          I’ve never owned a carbon fiber stock. Are there paint options where the cf does not show through? All the pics I’ve seen thus far has the cf showing through.
                          Oh yeah. Almost anything you can think of. Can even do camo patterns etc those just typically cost more. Obviously this deal would be up to robert/APR on what they want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                            I like this one, whatever number it is
                            Same

Comment

McMillan offers a ton of painted finishes, the wait times are pretty long with them but worth it!

Originally posted by sgtau44 View Post

Comment

Option #2 in a 25 SST would be sweet. I’d be in on that

Comment

Working...
                                X