LTC & buying a gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LTC & buying a gun

Anyone with a LTC bought a gun in the last few weeks and noticed the dealer typing your LTC info into a website or calling it in to verify that the LTC is valid? State sent a letter to dealers requesting (not requiring) they run a check to confirm the LTC is valid before transferring. Just curious if this is happening.

They are verifying that LTC is valid valid with state. You can have your license status taken away but still remain in possession of the license.

Comment

I bought a rifle 3 weeks ago and don't remember anything like that.

Though, Academy is so dang slow for buying guns I wouldn't pick up on it being delayed for that or not.

Comment

There is a website to verify the validity now. Good idea I guess, doesn't bother me. I didn't keep the site address, but anyone can go to it and check a license.

Comment

I didn’t notice that being done today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I bought a ruger predator at academy a few weeks ago, and they used the computerized 4473, but no one made any phone calls. Not that I could see, anyway.

Comment

picked up one last week and had this happen though they said they were running the DL to check for suspension. Unless i heard her wrong

Comment

Yes heard wrong. It’s the ltc they are checking for suspension. This is not required by the gun stores to do. It was a email blast from the atf giving shops the option to do it.

Comment

I am an FFL and did not receive anything saying/asking me to check any bodies LTC.

The only thing I got was the paperwork saying I am required to report all multiple gun sales.

Comment

I think the letter came a week or so again. Not mandatory just suggested since if they suspend an ltc they may not take the id away.
                    Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                    I am an FFL and did not receive anything saying/asking me to check any bodies LTC.

The only thing I got was the paperwork saying I am required to report all multiple gun sales.

Comment

Purchased two pistols at academy's bf sale didnt have any problems showing our ltc seemed to make the process move along faster. Hell seemed like waiting for our number to be called took longer than it did to get the guns

Comment

Working...
                      X