Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    This thread is hillarious..
    You young whipper snappers crack me up.... Nothing rivals years of experience..
    Some of you youtube "archery pro's" actually think that the rest of really care what think.. LMAO!!
    Yeah I agree, people have been shooting heavy arrows for a long time

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      This thread is hillarious..
      You young whipper snappers crack me up.... Nothing rivals years of experience..
      Some of you youtube "archery pro's" actually think that the rest of really care what think.. LMAO!!
      Slow down..take a breath... use all your words.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Heavy...or no?
        Just curious, what’s your draw length?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
          Why not just calculate KE for two given arrows? All you would need is a chronometer.
          KE is calculated 1/2 mass x velocity squared. In other words, if two arrows are traveling at the same speed, and one arrow has twice the weight, the heavier arrow will hit with twice the KE. If two arrows are the same weight, but one is traveling at twice the speed, the faster arrow will hit with 4 times the KE.

I'm not saying that KE is the only thing that determines penetration however. A lot of other variables come into play.

Comment

I d g a f

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
              I d g a f
              The amount of times you’ve posted on this thread proves that’s a lie

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
                KE is calculated 1/2 mass x velocity squared. In other words, if two arrows are traveling at the same speed, and one arrow has twice the weight, the heavier arrow will hit with twice the KE. If two arrows are the same weight, but one is traveling at twice the speed, the faster arrow will hit with 4 times the KE.

I'm not saying that KE is the only thing that determines penetration however. A lot of other variables come into play.
                Like momentum. It’s very important.

Comment

Originally posted by crc View Post
                  The amount of times you’ve posted on this thread proves that’s a lie

LMAO actually you are right. I enjoy the responses. Its hilariously the most pointless thread on this board. I equate it to Ford vs Chevy or who makes the best _______________. (fill in the blank). But when I am bored it does make for a good laugh. Carry on.

Comment

LMAO actually you are right. I enjoy the responses. Its hilariously the most pointless thread on this board. I equate it to Ford vs Chevy or who makes the best _______________. (fill in the blank). But when I am bored it does make for a good laugh. Carry on.
                    Most pointless thread on here? You skipping over the ghost threads or the age and score ones that’s a blurry photo of a blurry photo of half a deer? At least this one actually pertains to archery. I’m sorry I offended you and your buddies by responding to the asinine comments y’all thrive on.

Comment

Epic. LOL

Comment

I go as heavy as I can and still stay around 290 fps . For me and my draw length/ weight that's around 465 grains.. I prefer a flatter trajectory. Especially for spot and stalk .which is 50% of my hunting

Comment

Epic. LOL
                          What’s your draw length?

Comment

I've been in and out of this thread multiple times, and still have no idea what my arrow weight is... Does not even knowing what your arrow weight is make you the bottom of the barrel, below both the heavy guys and the speed guys? I've been shooting the same arrows for years. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                              I've been in and out of this thread multiple times, and still have no idea what my arrow weight is... Does not even knowing what your arrow weight is make you the bottom of the barrel, below both the heavy guys and the speed guys? I've been shooting the same arrows for years. If it ain't broke don't fix it!
                              If you’re effectively killing with them, then they’re probably heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by crc View Post
                                Yeah I agree, people have been shooting heavy arrows for a long time
                                I bet if was to draw my bow back and point it at you, you will drop your calculator and run..
                                You wont be worried about arrow weight.. And rightfully so..

Of course I would never do that..

Comment

Working...
                                X