My love hate relationship with the 13” rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
    dang congrats on the buck! love that last picture i was looking for some little antlers sticking outta the back of her gator haha

Lol, yeah she needs a set for the back. She’s had a great weekend so far

Comment

Hard to regulate but there should be exemptions. The kicker is it would all be after the deer is dead. Unless you could have game cam evidence before hand it’d be hard to regulate.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
        Me to. Land owner is collecting pictures this year and the start of next year to show the Game Warden. We will see..........
        Been there done that ...It was a no go.

Comment

That is why I cut a piece of wood door trim 13" long, painted it white, and duct taped it to a feeder leg---gives me a good solid point of judgement.

Comment

Shoot em in the head .. no way to tell where the horns went that way..

Comment

I’m a believer but I think youth weekend it should be no restrictions. That would give you a chance to kill these bucks that are the exception and also keep a kid from ruining their first deer hunt because the buck was 12 3/4 not 13”.

Comment

Why did you call the GW? Wouldn’t you have gotten a ticket if he was less than 13??? Just asking, not saying you are wrong for doing it, just looking for clarity.
                He’s a great looking buck.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                  Why did you call the GW? Wouldn’t you have gotten a ticket if he was less than 13??? Just asking, not saying you are wrong for doing it, just looking for clarity.
                  He’s a great looking buck.

I called because he was so right on 13” I wanted him to make sure I wasn’t stretching the tape measure unknowingly, lol. He was that close. I know that I could have just taken him to the processor and probably been fine but in that tiny chance someone thought he was under I would want him to hear it from me first, especially with my daughter there.

Comment

Congrats! That's a nice buck, 180lbs, that's a mature animal. Glad the GW was cooperative.

Comment

I have one too that I'm after. Seen him once last year and he was huge. Tall, heavy, narrow 7pt, but full grown deer. Seen him once this year and he has blown up on body size. This year he's only a 6, but after having him at a mere 20yds with no shot, I think he will be right at 13", just because his body is so big. So far, in the last 2 weeks, he has fell off my radar. Got him on a couple of cameras during the daylight tearing his scrapes up. Now that the rut is over, I don't know where he went.

Comment

Originally posted by krausejmk View Post
                        I called because he was so right on 13” I wanted him to make sure I wasn’t stretching the tape measure unknowingly, lol. He was that close. I know that I could have just taken him to the processor and probably been fine but in that tiny chance someone thought he was under I would want him to hear it from me first, especially with my daughter there.
                        Gotcha, well good for you and Congrats on a very nice Buck.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                          I have one too that I'm after. Seen him once last year and he was huge. Tall, heavy, narrow 7pt, but full grown deer. Seen him once this year and he has blown up on body size. This year he's only a 6, but after having him at a mere 20yds with no shot, I think he will be right at 13", just because his body is so big. So far, in the last 2 weeks, he has fell off my radar. Got him on a couple of cameras during the daylight tearing his scrapes up. Now that the rut is over, I don't know where he went.
                          His bedroom, find his in and out and you might find your deer

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                            His bedroom, find his in and out and you might find your deer
                            He covers a lot of ground. 3 different cameras he's been on, once on a 4th. Pretty sure he is crossing other property that we don't control. I suspect that's where he's at. I know which scrape he likes to work. Just hope I'm around when he comes back around to work it.

Comment

What’s the cutoff? 13 or 13.5 inches?

Is the fine based on the score or the incident itself?

Comment

Originally posted by krausejmk View Post
                                Lol, yeah she needs a set for the back. She’s had a great weekend so far

Whataburger always a great call! Looks like a heck of a trip and good experience for your little girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X