Cooper WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
    Got a picture of a shooter on camera from yesterday, but I don't think he's the one I saw today. Either one gets shot if I see them. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Good buck. Hope you get a chance at him.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by medic911 View Post
      Im really not sure how they break them up. I talked to one of the guys that puts it on last night and he did say the area behind the dam was broken up into 2 units. We draw for pick of units at 11am Sat and then hunt that afternoon and all day Sunday. I really am torn as to what area I want to try and draw. We can use 4wheelers to get around so that opens alot of ground up.
      Post up some more info about the draw hunt if you can or want. Any success?

Comment

Archery Only White-tailed Deer Season: Sep. 28-Nov. 15, Nov. 18-29, and Dec. 9-Jan. 5
        (either sex)
        Do county regulations still apply for Antlerless or is it open all season?

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexHunter8 View Post
          Archery Only White-tailed Deer Season: Sep. 28-Nov. 15, Nov. 18-29, and Dec. 9-Jan. 5
          (either sex)
          Do county regulations still apply for Antlerless or is it open all season?
          Antlerless is open all season.

Comment

We drawed unit behind the dam. We set up 2 spots way in the back on fire lane next to wheat fields to north. Yesterday afternoon was a blank. One boy shot a doe at 175 yards this am. His 1st deer. 96 lbs 3.5 year old. We had 3 does run by coming off wheat like their azz was on fire. We moved one set up to the front about 200 yards from road. Oak flat with tons of sign, and now we wait.

Comment

Originally posted by sgraham1071 View Post
              Antlerless is open all season.

Thank you for clarifying

Comment

Not sure who this guy is but decided to come in at 7am and set up 30yds from the stand I’ve been sitting in since 5:30am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That sucks^^ Gotta love public land.

Comment

I would have yelled at him to leave. Would have rather him leave and see nothing then either have him shoot what comes in or again see nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by BPurvisJr View Post

Not sure who this guy is but decided to come in at 7am and set up 30yds from the stand I’ve been sitting in since 5:30am.

Wow, that sucks. I would have coughed loudly, or something.

Comment

Karma got him. Had a doe come in and I got the shot off. Tracking blood now!

Comment

Good deal, hoping for LDP soon.

Comment

Did he know you were there at that time? Would have been awesome if he saw it happen and was confused.

Comment

Well, how it turn out?

Comment

Cooper WMA

I hope I never make a mistake that the public hunting professionals don’t approve of. Good grief. It’s public land. There are many schools of thought on hunting, and you have no idea what that guy’s situation is.

Maybe it’s his first time out there? Maybe he had a flat tire on the way. Maybe he’s setting up for a mid day hunt? The major morning times for yesterday per the game chart I use was 9:40-11:40am. I’ve never read public hunting guidelines that state you must be in place by a certain time or it’s rude or unacceptable. IT’S PUBLIC LAND!

I’ve hunted a lot of public places. I’ve waited until first light to walk in on some. Do I worry I might bust someone’s hunt? Sure. It’s always on my mind. Have I had hunters walk right under me? Multiple times. Do I get my panties in a wad? Maybe a little at times, but I signed up for it and know the realities.

Comment

Working...
                                X