Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kragan16 View Post
    Thank you, I'm hoping we can get him some help pretty quick. I have a huge heart for animals and the wildlife. It's been a neat experience to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    It is absolutely incredible how resilient these animals are and it's pretty unknown(By people who are anti hunting) that us as Sportsman have so much care to conserve the resource we take. This story is just more evidence of those points. If there's any way we as a forum can help you, please let us know. Also, keep us updated with the resolution for this little guy.

Comment

Wow, hoping for the best result there!! Hopefully the rehabber works out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
        It is absolutely incredible how resilient these animals are and it's pretty unknown(By people who are anti hunting) that us as Sportsman have so much care to conserve the resource we take. This story is just more evidence of those points. If there's any way we as a forum can help you, please let us know. Also, keep us updated with the resolution for this little guy.
        Thank you! I will definitely keep you guys update on this post. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree with all this.

Comment

Best of luck to you. My wife has rehabilitated two whitetail fawns, about 6 baby squirrels, 3 owls, 6 opossums, even a couple buzzards

Good on you for trying. I hope the deer can recover.

Comment

the injured leg needs to be amputated above the knee, higher the better for him to be able to motor around on three legs. If not amputated he willl grind the injured stub in the ground causing infection to the leg/bone. That infection will eventually kill him. Needs a good vet to remove the leg.

I am a retired Al GW, and a rehabber with 30+ years experience so I can speak from some degree of expertise on this.

Comment

Hope he recovers and you see him around---with those injuries I'd name him "Gimpy"

Comment

If his hip is broken and there's no movement in the entire leg, may be more of a complicated situation to rehab......hate to say it, but may be best not to drag it out unless you have someone skilled at rehabbing a deer with this kind of injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Cbb1722 View Post
                    I think He outta be put down
                    Not if he is eating and drinking. Man i seen pics of deer with all kinds of wounds walking as if nothing. Have read many people discovering bullets, broad heads inside of completely healed animals living their best life.

If the GW is ok with you trying to rehab it I say go for it.

Comment

Gofundme for vet bills for amputation?

Comment

This.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

In

Comment

Jacked up hip and leg needs a 22 to the brain. It's a deer not a human.
                            I have taken in many wild critters so i am not ignorant or unsensitive, but buck up and do what needs to be done.

Comment

Sounds stupid but roll him on his side. Move the injured leg if you can. Needs circulation back to it.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                                Sounds stupid but roll him on his side. Move the injured leg if you can. Needs circulation back to it.
                                Good advice. If you don’t he will get “frozen shoulder”.

Comment

Working...
                                X