Ruger vs tikka?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger vs tikka?

I’ve got a buddy that has a ruger m77 Hawkeye, well I’m more of a tikka fan. It looks as value is about the same. So anybody have pros and cons to a ruger? I love my adjustable trigger and smooth action on my tikkas, also love my magazines. The ruger is sainless with a hogue stick. In a caliber I’m looking at. Tell me what you guys think??

I'm no help with the Rugers but I second the Tikkas. I have a Tikka T3 light in .270 and love it.

Comment

I actually own a ruger but not a tikka. That being said i would consider tikka a level up in quality over ruger generally speaking.

Comment

I'm a Ruger fan. Always have been.

Comment

I have a Ruger and like it. However, with their focus on the Ruger American line, I've been looking at the Tikki as my next rifle.

That said, I am satisfied with my Ruger, but wanting a new caliber.

Comment

I've owned both and own 2 Tikka's currently. Love both but I'd never hesitate to buy a Tikka.

Comment

Had both still have 3 tikka's.

Comment

Tikka...

Comment

Tikka

Comment

Tikka. I am looking at buying a Tikka T3X Lite in .243 Winchester in the near future and I love how smooth the action is on them. I have a good friend who has spent his entire career in predator control and currently has 5 Tikka's. He shoots more in a year and most people will in a lifetime and he tells me the Tikka is the most accurate out of box, non-custom rifle on the market today at price around $700 dollars.

Comment

I am in the mood for a 7mm08 -following

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                        I am in the mood for a 7mm08 -following
                        Don't own a Tika but read and heard good things about 'em.

Check out the Ruger in Go Wild Camo in the 7mm-08. "Looks wise" like the Brownings in the same camo pattern and action/barrel color. My son's rifle that I took a nice hog at 150+- yards and DRT. Low recoil (ported) for my old shoulders and I like the action (smooth) and look.

Go to Ruger's web site and there are also several YouTube videos on this model with comparisons to other brands. But, depending on your preferences you may not like the look? We do and the price was right when Landon got it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                          Don't own a Tika but read and heard good things about 'em.

Check out the Ruger in Go Wild Camo in the 7mm-08. "Looks wise" like the Brownings in the same camo pattern and action/barrel color. My son's rifle that I took a nice hog at 150+- yards and DRT. Low recoil (ported) for my old shoulders and I like the action (smooth) and look.

Go to Ruger's web site and there are also several YouTube videos on this model with comparisons to other brands. But, depending on your preferences you may not like the look? We do and the price was right when Landon got it.
                          He’s talking about the m77 not the American. BIG quality difference. The American is nice for the money just built cheaper.

M77 is a rock solid platform. Very reliable. But their accuracy is hit or miss.

I’d choose tikka for accuracy. Ruger m77 for reliability.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            He’s talking about the m77 not the American. BIG quality difference. The American is nice for the money just built cheaper.

M77 is a rock solid platform. Very reliable. But their accuracy is hit or miss.

I’d choose tikka for accuracy. Ruger m77 for reliability.

Hate to rebut your comment, lord knows I'm opening myself up for an argument, but here is the site and it is the American and I totally disagree with your assessment of cheaper and accuracy? But your definition of cheaper is probably not mine. All I can say is it's a very good rifle and performs? Peace Brother..don't rag on me but it "is what it is, lol!"

Comment

I’m a Remington guy but Tikka is made by Sako and their quality use to be top notch

Comment

Working...
                              X