2014 Lake Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 Lake Grapevine

I can't believe no one has started a thread for this year, so here we go! Has anyone been after the hogs out there lately?

I'm in. Haven't been after the hogs in a while now. There was a fire along the creek, last time i went there had been a road cut through where the fire went.

Comment

If its anything like Lavon is right now, its stupid thick to be chasing hogs in.

Last year I ran into a group in waist deep grass at Grapevine and it felt like that scene from Jurassic park 2 where you can see the velociraptors chasing the dudes in the grass...

Comment

Looks like the draw rules have changed a little also. Like it.

Comment

Draws for deer?

Comment

Yes, there will be a redraw this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
              Looks like the draw rules have changed a little also. Like it.
              Saw that today while I picked up my permits.
              They were already up to #250 on the general permits and the waterfowl permits at 3 today.

Comment

Originally posted by GunnerJacky
                I haven't gone for hog hunt yet Because it is not an easy work to do hog hunting. Its need good training of both hunting and firearm shooting. I heard many cases that when you shoot the hog and it turns around charging you. Those animals are extremely dangerous when in close. It will be especially bad if it's in a pack and they charge you. Good training and good rifle is very important, so i decide firstly go for firearm training and then buy a rifle especially .22 rifle.
                _________
                mass firearms school
                ?

Comment

I got mine on day one, but just curious if anyone went yesterday or goes tomorrow, what permit number range they are up to? They seem to go faster every year.

Comment

I got mine also, not sure where hogs are good in grapevine though. Maybe I can meet up with some of you guys when y'all go out?

Comment

I got both waterfowl and general last week. Drawing system is different this year. I am going with a different strategy this year than last. We will see what happens.

Comment

Got my waterfowl, general and deer loto ticket today. Never hunted out there before, so I'm sure I'm going to have a big learning curve!

Comment

New to this area too. Any advice on does/dont's, tips, or anything that could be helpful would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

I got mine on the first day. Tried not to be too vocal about it...

Comment

subscribed

Comment

Working...
                              X