• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    So what did TBH decide this animal was?
    I'm not sure. But my guess is sika.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
      Do they run does pretty hard during rut? Can they be called in with elk calls during rut?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Definitely. I don’t know how to post videos, but I called in the biggest Sika I’ve ever seen with an elk diaphragm call. Shoot me a pm and I’ll text it to you

Comment

I shot two sikas a couple of years ago. Not very good eating, IMO. I was disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
          Definitely. I don’t know how to post videos, but I called in the biggest Sika I’ve ever seen with an elk diaphragm call. Shoot me a pm and I’ll text it to you

Thanks. Text it to 361-772-3526

Comment

Thanks. Text it to 361-772-3526

Sent

Comment

I thought Sika does had some spots. Could these be Barasingha Deer?

Comment

Those are 100% fallow

Your OP is 100% fallow as well

Comment

Some sika have spots. Some don't. And with respect to CastAndBlast all your pics are sika.

Comment

Agreed with Shane, 100% sika. No doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      Some sika have spots. Some don't. And with respect to CastAndBlast all your pics are sika.
                      With all due respect...one for sure has an adams apple. I would assume the other does as well. Also, chocolate fallow does typically have a faint dividing line running down their side and the coat below that is generally lighter in color than the coat above. Sika rarely have this dividing line and will generally be darker below if they do have it.

Still voting 100% fallow. However, as my wife tells me a lot, there is a very good chance I am wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        Kill all the Whitetail so the Axis and Fallow can thrive!
                        Sitka = venison another good eat LOL

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                          With all due respect...one for sure has an adams apple. I would assume the other does as well. Also, chocolate fallow does typically have a faint dividing line running down their side and the coat below that is generally lighter in color than the coat above. Sika rarely have this dividing line and will generally be darker below if they do have it.

Still voting 100% fallow. However, as my wife tells me a lot, there is a very good chance I am wrong!
                          Your wife sounds pretty smart. Ask her what she thinks these sika are.

I'm not seeing any fallow-like adam's apple on these. And just their build and head shape are 100% sika, and different from what fallow heads and build look like. We see both all the time on our lease. It can be hard to tell chocolate fallow from sika at first glance sometimes, but once you've seen a bunch of them it gets easier to recognize the differences. I wish we had more of both. We have lots of axis, and that's cool. But I really like fallow and sika too.

Comment

Working...
                          X