ATVin in Arkansas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
    We went to Mena last month, stayed at Hansons Camp and road Wolf Pen and the Forche Mnt trails. Forche had better views but the trails were alot steeper/tight so slower driving.

We used the Maprika app, it has several downloadable maps that will work without service if you download ahead of time.

Thanks for the info AgHntr10...haven’t ridden the Forche trails but have heard about em. We’re staying @ Sugar Creek Lodge. Gonna give Avenza maps a go this trip.
    Hoping this tablet setup allows for continuous GPS signal. Have the Garmin Glo 2 ordered and will be in Monday to help with signal in the rough stuff. Will report back on this thread the results.

Comment

That sounds like a great trip. I have KTM enduro, but would like to rent a sxs one of these days and do the trails. Have a good trip

Comment

anybody rode around buffalo river area??

Comment

Originally posted by mechhead View Post
          Thanks for the info AgHntr10...haven’t ridden the Forche trails but have heard about em. We’re staying @ Sugar Creek Lodge. Gonna give Avenza maps a go this trip.
          Hoping this tablet setup allows for continuous GPS signal. Have the Garmin Glo 2 ordered and will be in Monday to help with signal in the rough stuff. Will report back on this thread the results.
          tell Roger, Dan said hi!

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
            We went to Mena last month, stayed at Hansons Camp and road Wolf Pen and the Forche Mnt trails. Forche had better views but the trails were alot steeper/tight so slower driving.

We used the Maprika app, it has several downloadable maps that will work without service if you download ahead of time.
            We will have to check out Forche Mtn trails.

Comment

Originally posted by okiepighunter View Post
              anybody rode around buffalo river area??
              not yet!

Comment

This seems really cool.

I had thought there was a width restriction on ATV/UTV’d in Arkansas? Obviously I was mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                  This seems really cool.

I had thought there was a width restriction on ATV/UTV’d in Arkansas? Obviously I was mistaken.
                  no width restriction in wolf pen gap

Comment

ATVin in Arkansas!

Just getting back from Mena...had a great trip with no major incident...newly added GPS setup worked like a champ...Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 and Garmin Glo 2 stayed paired and held spot on...bluetooth tab to soundbar and kept iPhone freed up...trails were awesome due to the rain on Friday keeping the dust down...scenery was as expected, simply beautiful...hope anyone headed that way has a trip like my group did...

Comment

Originally posted by mechhead View Post
                      Just getting back from Mena...had a great trip with no major incident...newly added GPS setup worked like a champ...Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 and Garmin Glo 2 stayed paired and held spot on...bluetooth tab to soundbar and kept iPhone freed up...trails were awesome due to the rain on Friday keeping the dust down...scenery was as expected, simply beautiful...hope anyone headed that way has a trip like my group did...
                      Beautiful area, glad you had a good time. Nice pics of water, and times are always better with a GSP along!

Comment

Toss a gold pan and small shovel in the mix.
                        Tiny specks of gold are rare but they do show up.

Comment

getting close!!!

Comment

Anybody catch any fish on these trips?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by waterspiderpd27 View Post
                              Anybody catch any fish on these trips?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                              Ain't fun much fishin

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210416_093721.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	24649834

Tryin to decide if I wanna take my new 4 wheeler!

Comment

Working...
                                X