Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Help!! Arrow inspector expectations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a pine ridge arrow inspector today and I can’t get an arrow in my shop to spin “true”. I don’t know what I should be expecting. The tool itself does not seem very precise. I’ve tried different surfaces. Different inserts. Several different arrows. Several different field tips. A broad head. Is this what a normal spin looks like or do you see wobble too?

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yanAKbxbRm8"]spin test slowmo - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PigOPs; 12-01-2020, 06:28 PM.

There is definitely some noticeable runout on the FP. What shafts? What straightness? Did you cut one end or both? Did you square the ends? How was the shaft cut. Personally for me that arrow would be a no go.

Comment

It’s an outlaw. Bare shaft. I’m starting to think they are just garbage but I’ve heard a lot of good reviews. I have the g5 squaring tool. Cut on a Weston saw. Cut both ends.

I shot three arrows through paper with a bow I know is tuned and I get a bullet hole, a slightly high and a nock left. Consistently. Each arrow does the same thing every time. I’ve been driving myself crazy thinking my bow was coming out of tune and now I’m starting to think it’s my arrows. However, they still group really well... idk

Last edited by PigOPs; 12-01-2020, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Also a specific question about the arrow tester. Should the wheels wobble? Mine do. I feel like that has to affect the spin and perceived wobble of the arrow. I’ll call pine ridge tomorrow and ask.

Comment

Are you holding the spin tester down with your hand or a little weight? Those things can move around when you go to spinning and will make your shafts appear to wobble. However, yours looks like it’s either in the field point or the insert. Shaft seemed to be spinning ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
            Are you holding the spin tester down with your hand or a little weight? Those things can move around when you go to spinning and will make your shafts appear to wobble. However, yours looks like it’s either in the field point or the insert. Shaft seemed to be spinning ok.

Yes. I do hold it. It’s just odd that all my arrows do it to some degree.

Comment

Originally posted by PigOPs View Post
              Yes. I do hold it. It’s just odd that all my arrows do it to some degree.

Something is definitely out of whack on the point end or in the shaft itself. You can clearly see the movement at the point end, so I wouldn’t bet that it’s the arrow spinner. I have the same one and have zero issues getting a true spin, and I do notice some of the slight wobble you mention on the wheels.

Comment

Thats not normal at all. I made my own spinner out of some drawer slides and a 2x4. I can guarantee this one is made better than mine. But my arrows spin true on it. Heck I even made my own arrow squaring tool with 2 - 2x4s. Something isn't right here.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone shoot me a vid of what a normal arrow looks like? I’ll pm you my number.

Comment

Originally posted by PigOPs View Post
                    Anyone shoot me a vid of what a normal arrow looks like? I’ll pm you my number.

shoot me your number, I'll spin one up for you with a head.

Comment

It appears to me that the insert is bent or is not the correct size. I don't see wobble back in the shaft, just at the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                        It appears to me that the insert is bent or is not the correct size. I don't see wobble back in the shaft, just at the tip.
                        I see the arrow spin true behind the field tip also. Im thinking something is going on up front too.

Comment

I think your insert is bent or the end isn't square. Shaft looks good.

Hopefully you used hot melt and can try to rule both of those out.

Comment

Working...
                          X