Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep it going strong fellas!

Comment

Tobacco free since September 1989. After 10 years of chewing tobacco and 1-2 packs of Marlboro Reds a day, I put them down and walked away. Wanted to grab a smoke foe a few weeks, but never did. I realized that succumbing to this was weakness and I refused to fail myself or my family. Don't think of it as a habit, it's an addictive poison. Anybody can put it down, it just sucks for a while. Luck doesn't count here, willpower does.

Comment

I dip smokey mountian classic tobacco free they sell it at all the quick trips it's been about 8 months since I've had some red seal . I chewed for 14 years.
        Last edited by teamtejas; 07-04-2015, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Smokey mountian classic tobacco free

Comment

Kick that habit. It's worth it!

I was a Copenhagen junkie for 30 years, and eventually successfully quit, after a few failed attempts. You've got to seriously WANT to get off the snuff or you'll have a very difficult time with it. And, you may need to have some kind of 'scare', or profession-related need to quit. I had both, simultaneously, thank goodness!

I developed an often strange 'popping-like' sensation in my throat when I'd go through any basic swallowing motion. Scared me! Thought I'd finally done myself in. Went to the ear, nose, throat Dr.. He didn't find anything. But, I'd already been frightened quite ****less, so I figured I dodged a bullet.

About the same time, I had begun a job as a middle school principal. I dipped in the office, up and down the hall ways, while peeking in classrooms, visiting with students, staff, etc. All the while I was very paranoid about getting 'busted' by my own students. With that particular kind of job and the health scare I knew my beloved Copenhagen had to go, once and for all.

That was nine years ago. I'll never dip again. But, it does take about four days to get the nicotine/ravaging cravings out of your body, and perhaps a lifetime to get it out of your mind.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by mkk View Post
              35 year Cope habit ends today 7/4/15
              Kick that cruch to the curb. Stay strong, it gets easier.

Comment

Continued luck fellas!

Words of encouragement by a great philosopher.

Comment

Thank you lord. I have been tobacco free (except for second hand) since 1947. A good friend of mine went in for a tooth ache. It turned out to be a tumor. During his last months he stayed inside with a towel over his mouth because the growth had pushed his tongue out of his mouth. He started to dip in high school and left his wife and children in his 40's. Everyone who has the power to stop keep up the hard work.

Comment

Congrats to all of you for your efforts. I finally quit myself after 22 years of the habit. I remember buying my 1st can with $1 and getting change back

It's not easy, and I've never met anyone that said it was for them. Took me several efforts, but the last effort stuck. I don't even think about it anymore unless I'm close enough to smell somebody else's can/pouch when they open it. I do like that smell.

Comment

Trying this again....12 year dipping habit....24 hours free from it, cravings are strong right now!

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
                        Trying this again....12 year dipping habit....24 hours free from it, cravings are strong right now!
                        Get some peppermint candy or lifesavers to keep your mouth busy. You can do it! I'm at just over 8 weeks now and rarely have a strong craving any more.

Comment

Still holding strong..... 1 week in, no withdrawals now.

Comment

38 days.

it's weird to drink a sip of water and still feel like you have dry mouth afterwards.... my body is having a time with it still, some weird tense feeling in the jaw and behind the ears.
                            Finally threw away the 5 can roll i had taunting me in today's trash pick-up. (I did keep that special edition heavy lid I've had for many years.... It's purty, has memories. they can throw it away after i'm gone. )

Comment

Just checking...how is everyone doing? Stand strong men. Do not allow yourselves to be slaves to tobacco any longer. Put it down and walk away.

Comment

I am still cope free and not looking back.

Comment

Working...
                                X