Started Coroplast Bow Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started Coroplast Bow Blind

I've been wanting to try this for a while now as a little lighter option for a Bow Blind. I came across a heck of a deal on FB Marketplace and found these 5' x 10' Sheets of Coroplast for $2 a sheet. The Blind will be 6' 9" Tall in the front, sloping to 6' 5" in the back. It will be 6' 10" front wall to Back Wall, and 6' Wide. Will install 3 Deerview Hinged Windows, and it will be spray painted Black on the inside, with a combination of Camo Spray Paints on the outside. I will silicone the seams at the corner and use bull nose trim on the 45 degree angles, and 90 degree trim on the other seams. The only real weight on this blind is the base, but should still be easy enough to maneuver around. It will be placed on Cinder Blocks to elevate it enough to keep the base off the ground. Attached some progression shots and will add others as I finish it out.
    Attached Files

Looks great!

Comment

That's slick, great job.

Comment

Got the back walls up last night and the door almost framed out. Plan to hang door tonight and hopefully get the roof framed out. Plan on putting down a layer of the Coroplast on the roof for sound dampening, and then lay Sheet metal on top of that.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nevermind. I reread the thread.
          Last edited by bowaddict40; 07-11-2019, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Since I don't do Facebook, someone needs to buy me about 30 of those sheets and I will pay a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
              What are you using to cover the seams?
              I will run a bead of silicone caulk down the seams, and I have a drywall friend that I get bullnose trim for the 45 degree cuts, and 90 degree trim for the other seams. I put those over the silicone and run a few screws through them. After I paint the Window Trim, I rub Silicone caulk all over the inside and outside of the Trim and the water runs right off. My previous blind built like this with plywood never had any water run inside the blind through the normal hinged Deerview Windows. Hoping for the same results here.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                Since I don't do Facebook, someone needs to buy me about 30 of those sheets and I will pay a bonus.
                I was shocked when these sheets popped up on FB Marketplace for that price. I couldn't contact the seller fast enough. I should have bought the whole pallet. He had 200 Sheets. By the time I got there to pick up my 20 sheets, he had already committed to sell the others to 8 to 10 other folks.

Comment

Looks great. Do you need sheet metal on the roof or just can't convince yourself to do without it?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                    Looks great. Do you need sheet metal on the roof or just can't convince yourself to do without it?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                    I tend to over engineer my blinds. It's probably overkill. I could probably get away without sheet metal, but would hate for a limb or something to punch a hole in the top by just using Coroplast. That's the one area I don't want to leak for sure.

Comment

It's shocking how long that will last in the Texas heat. I had one go ten years.

Comment

Got the door framed out and hung last night. Everything fits great and I went ahead and screwed everything together. Marked where all the screws are, and taped them off with painters tape, so the Marks don't get painted over. That way it is very easy to tell where it all matches up and can quickly tell where all the screws are holding it together in case I decide to disassemble it. I actually allowed probably 1/2" to 1/4" to much clearance on the inside door framing to avoid any wood framing swelling and causing the door to jam, but it is still sturdy and has a good seal. Also probably didn't need to use 4 hinges, but I had them laying around the house, and didn't want to risk any sagging (not that there is much weight to the door with the coroplast). Will frame roof today or tomorrow and hope to have it mounted this weekend, and then will complete the paint job. Very pleased with the project, and think it will make an excellent bow blind, at a fairly low cost overall. I really think I could have built it for around $200, but I decided on a few nicer options. Could have gone with a cheaper window option but I really like the hinged deerview windows ($100 including freight), and might could risk not using sheet metal on the roof ($45). Other than that, about ($175) in Framing material/screws/plastic cap nails/silicone caulk, and another ($18) in Coroplast. I couldn't buy a blind this nice for $350, plus I enjoy the process once I get motivated to get started
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks very useable. You gonna paint it black inside? Pink on outside
                          I had an ameristep brickhouse blind once that turn bright pink after sitting in the sun for 2 weeks.
                          Easy to find and animals didn't even notice. Killed a lot of pigs out of it.
                          Last edited by muzzlebrake; 07-12-2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            Definitely Blacked Out on inside, will have to think over the Pink exterior. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                              I had an ameristep brickhouse blind once that turn bright pink after sitting in the sun for 2 weeks.
                              Easy to find and animals didn't even notice. Killed a lot of pigs out of it.
                              Yea, I had a few of those blinds, and they turned that faded pink color also. Definitely didn't bother the animals.

Comment

Working...
                              X