Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 10-09-2018, 06:27 PM   #51
Tx_Wader
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jackson County and Utopia

Right where the neck joins the shoulders and they're drt.
Tx_Wader is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2018, 06:30 PM   #52
Patton
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Edwards, Hays, Caldwell

I like the neck shot; facing me and bottom of the throat patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrow Jethro View Post
This topic really boils down to one thing

HOW PROFICIENT WITH YOUR GUN ARE YOU?

Some folks practice shooting year round & their weapons are properly sighted in.
These are the folks who probably shoot animals in this method

Some folks shoot their weapon a week or two before season and as long as they are hitting a pie plate area they are good. These are the folks who should NEVER use this method.

To answer your question though:
I prefer neck shots most of the time IF the conditions are right for it. If the conditions are NOT right, I will use the "high shoulder" method (drops them in their tracks like a neck shot but does waste some meat)

Remember this saying:
"Shoot them high, watch them die;
Shoot them low, watch them go.
Agreed. There are a lot of people that hunt year round, there are a lot more that shoot the weekend before hunting and think they are Carlos Hathcock.
Patton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2018, 06:32 PM   #53
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

All you perfect hunters talking about seeing the does or other deer with their jaw shot off trying to eat, ever seen a deer that has its guts blown out trying to eat or drink??

Personally, I shoot with my rifle just like I do with my bow... I try to make a clean quick kill. Have I ever missed, yes, but they've been dang few and far between. I am proficient with my weapons. I hit what I'm shooting at. If I'm meat hunting with a rifle, I see no reason to shoot the animal in the meat. I know my gun and I know my bow and when I launch a projectile, I know where it is going. I've lost fewer deer taking a head or neck shot than I have a body shot.
You who don't want to do it, don't. But don't go bad-mouthing me because I can and do take out the central nervous system of my quarry.

When I taught my son to shoot, I taught him how to hold his gun still to the point when he was about 10 years old he and I were sitting in a gun stand together and he was practicing his aiming at some deer under the feeder... He was seemingly very frustrated... I asked him what's wrong... He responded, Dad, I cannot hold this gun still no matter what I do... every time my heart beats, my crosshair jumps an inch!! I told him, son, that's the best thing you could have told me! When you have to time your shots between heartbeats, you ARE holding your gun still! I do the same thing with scoped hand guns beyond 200 yards... well I used to back when I gun hunted for deer
If I chose to do it again, I have no doubt I could however.
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2018, 06:36 PM   #54
cwashby
Ten Point

Hunt In: Menard & Williamson Counties

When I shot deer with rifles, I shot 100% through the neck. Never had take so much as a step after shot. If I ever shoot another with rifle, it will be in the neck.
cwashby is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2018, 06:47 PM   #55
hoythitman
Ten Point

Hunt In: Just a dove spot unfortunately

Depends on what it is. Does usually get ear holed or if facing away base of the scull and top of spine. Looking at me just below the lower jaw area in the neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hoythitman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2018, 06:53 PM   #56
Thwackdaddy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lometa By God Texas

There are a lot of folks who argue against neck shots. I understand and appreciate their line of thinking.
As for me, neck shot is all I take and only if they are broadside
Base of the neck right in the crease where the front of the shoulder and neck meet.

Out to 200 yards or so (preferably closer)
.257 wby mag and 110gr accubond

I call it " the stop button"
Never a step. Butt hits the ground 1st immediately followed by the rest of them

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Thwackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2018, 07:07 PM   #57
EastTxTracking
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas, south

I prefer head shots on does....

EastTxTracking is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2018, 07:12 PM   #58
Quanah11
Eight Point

Hunt In: Llano

Itís the only place I shoot them. Right under the ear or right in the earhole
Quanah11 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2018, 07:23 PM   #59
J-Fish
Eight Point

Hunt In: Walker and Menard County

Guys, lots of good points... I shoot my guy like I do my bow. I don't pull the trigger unless i know what and where my shot will be. I reload and shoot often.

I usually only use a gun for hog hunting and have taken 9 so far this year. We strictly bow hunt for deer and the occasionally hog that strays too close. I am found enough of my guns and gun skills I find myself wanting to take a doe or so this year with a rifle.

So, with that said and the knowledge gained here this evening, I believe I will be neck shooting from here on out.
J-Fish is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2018, 07:40 PM   #60
-HIC-
Eight Point

Hunt In: Willow City & Junction

I think everything has been covered here in the thread. I hunt with people that shoot doe in the head, shoot all others in the neck and they have never lost a deer. I have also seen those same peoples kids shoot 'A head shot' that we only recovered teeth and pieces of hair/meat.

Bottom line, shooting a deer in the head, or the right spot in the neck, at 100 yards, from a stand is not the same as your 3/8 moa group prone, or from the bags.

I will not weigh in either way on the topic, it depends on what you are able to do in the field. Depending on the deer, the stand, the distance and what rifle I am hunting with all options are on the table.
-HIC- is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2018, 08:06 PM   #61
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx_Wader View Post
EXACTLY , high shoulder shot, DOA
mjhaverkamp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2018, 08:14 PM   #62
Pineywoods Paul
Eight Point

Hunt In: Polk County, TX

This is a timely thread for me. I’m taking my 7 year old grandson Saturday morning to hunt a doe or hog (MLD).

He’s got a new .243. Shots will be ~100 yds. I’ve never liked small calibers for shoulder shots, so have zero experience with them myself. If I have him shoot in rib cage (low behind shoulder) am I asking for a 200 yd blood trailing job? Or have him go for broke with a neck shot?

Last edited by Pineywoods Paul; 10-09-2018 at 08:21 PM.
Pineywoods Paul is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2018, 08:19 PM   #63
Payne346
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightinaggies View Post
I prefer them looking right at me and putting it right in the throat patch
This....we killed about 20 does last year this exact way. Much better than head shots IMO.
Payne346 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2018, 09:19 PM   #64
catslayer
Pope & Young

Was taught to neck shoot, never seen a jaw shot in 3 generations of neck shooters.

Pick half way point between top of shoulder and bottom of jaw.

No reason to aim as high as y'all are, lower moves less and is larger target.

I don't head shoot, it moves too much
catslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2018, 09:23 PM   #65
catslayer
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineywoods Paul View Post
This is a timely thread for me. Iím taking my 7 year old grandson Saturday morning to hunt a doe or hog (MLD).

Heís got a new .243. Shots will be ~100 yds. Iíve never liked small calibers for shoulder shots, so have zero experience with them myself. If I have him shoot in rib cage (low behind shoulder) am I asking for a 200 yd blood trailing job? Or have him go for broke with a neck shot?
Just shoot a 100ish grain bullet and neither is a problem stay away from lighter bullet. I'm a big fan of good ole core lock 100 grainers in 243 inside 200. That said I don't know the kid. If he is a confident shooter, neck.

If he isnt, have him aim DEAD center middle of the shoulder. Break the shoulder and typically dead right there
catslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2018, 09:23 PM   #66
-HIC-
Eight Point

Quote:
This is a timely thread for me. Iím taking my 7 year old grandson Saturday morning to hunt a doe or hog (MLD).

Heís got a new .243. Shots will be ~100 yds. Iíve never liked small calibers for shoulder shots, so have zero experience with them myself. If I have him shoot in rib cage (low behind shoulder) am I asking for a 200 yd blood trailing job? Or have him go for broke with a neck shot?
Man, .243 should not be considered a 'kids round', or any less lethal than others, it hits hard and kills quick. Have him shoot the high probability shoulder shot and you will not track at all. Aim mid shoulder and you have six inches of leeway for a drop right there harvest with a good bullet. Deer hit in the shoulder usually drop in front of you and don't get up.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:29 PM   #67
-HIC-
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx_Wader View Post
I shoot about three inches lower than this, straight up the leg with a hunting round- My preferred shot. I have never seen a deer run when hit in this area and the damage is massive without much meet loss.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:40 PM   #68
stxhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Duval County

Quote:

As mentioned earlier I don't have a problem with neck shooting. However, for someone who's 7 with not much experience I would shy against it. Not that it can't be done or won't be effective, just that there's a larger margin of error when shooting vitals.
stxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2018, 11:03 PM   #69
skeeter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lavaca, Kimble and Colorado Counties

Why are there so many folks that shoot deer in the neck with a gun, but shoot em in the body with a bow?
skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 06:41 AM   #70
Deathrow Jethro
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Rocksprings, TX in a High Fence

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
Why are there so many folks that shoot deer in the neck with a gun, but shoot em in the body with a bow?
Easy:
KINECTIC ENERGY...
Deathrow Jethro is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 06:54 AM   #71
Raypo
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

I will take a frontal shot just as quick as broadside. However I donít throat patch shoot them. I aim for the vitals and right above the brisket. Arrow or rifle Iíll take that shot in a second. Even on large game.
Raypo is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 07:06 AM   #72
HoustonR6ryda
Ten Point

Hunt In: the woods

Did my first head shot ever with a doe this past season with .22-250 @130 yds. Saves a lot of meat, .308 neck shot a buck last year @20-25ish yds ,I'd only try it at close range on a nice buck.
HoustonR6ryda is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 07:42 AM   #73
stickbowcoop
Ten Point

Hunt In: OH, PA, looking for a place in TX.

I have been hunting since 1983 and twice I have taken head shots and that was after making a not so great first shot and I had to finish them off. But truth is I have shot way more deer with a bow than I have with a gun (I gave up gun hunting for a long time). So when I do gun hunt I tend to shoot them in the same spot I do when I have my bow.
stickbowcoop is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 09:03 AM   #74
Huggybear
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton View Post
I like the neck shot; facing me and bottom of the throat patch.

Agreed. There are a lot of people that hunt year round, there are a lot more that shoot the weekend before hunting and think they are Carlos Hathcock.
Even more that shoot year round!
Huggybear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 09:11 AM   #75
Reddock18
Spike

Quote:

Same, Ive only done this twice, on a doe and a buck. Both shots where either shoot now or miss my chance. Nevertheless DRT

Reddock18 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 09:34 AM   #76
tbgascorer
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mills County

Love seeing the neighbor's head shots gone wrong, year after year.
Name:  MDGC0080 (Medium).JPG
Views: 263
Size:  108.4 KB
tbgascorer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 09:44 AM   #77
glen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: anywhere

Skeeter- apples to oranges

Broadhead kill by sharp blades cutting blood flow to organs(brain) and bleeding and suffocating in blood (lungs). Blade must contact the portion of the animal that will cause bleeding that will be fatal.

Supersonic projectile(rifle)- makes a cone of trauma caused by the tissue moving away from the supersonic projectile. This cone size depends on a lot of math but for a whitetail deer with most bullets in the 2500 plus speed it would effect the entire neck. Hit neck and trauma cone hits central nervous system tissue and it turns the lights out immediately.
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 09:55 AM   #78
SwampBuck
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gillespie County

I find myself torn on the subject.
I have relatives that will only take neck shots, I have shot several myself in the neck and never had an issue...but every year I find myself conflicted about it...usually boils down to the situation. If I’m calm and relaxed and trust the rifle I have in hand (my 22-250 and 25-06) I will. But the larger guns and when buck fever has a say, I’ll stay on the shoulder shots.

I’m not sure why but I’m not big on the head shots. To each their own I just don’t like seeing deers eyes and brains blown out or nearly missing a head all together (a .300 win mag shooter with god knows what bullet)
SwampBuck is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 09:56 AM   #79
SwampBuck
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gillespie County

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbgascorer View Post
Love seeing the neighbor's head shots gone wrong, year after year.
Attachment 928131
God thatís horrible. Hurts to see that
SwampBuck is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 09:57 AM   #80
AgHntr10
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where the thieves and poachers roam

Quote:

.243 will do the job in the shoulder or right behind it just fine. My first 4 deer never made it more than 20 yards with that shot and 2 of them being DRT. .243 with 100gr core-lokts

Back to the original question I take neck shots on does because there isn't much meat on the shoulder as it is, put a bullet through it and there is even less. I've shot bucks in the neck when that was the only shot but I normally aim for center of the shoulder. If I am shooting a buck it isn't for meat and they don't run very far with a .300 hole in their arms.
AgHntr10 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 12:18 PM   #81
2coolforschool
Six Point

I like how people justify that if they don’t take the shot, the deer would have gotten away. Or that it saves meat (maybe on a doe, but certainly not a mature buck), as if their five tags weren’t enough, but also end up taking their deer to the processor (which doesn’t save meat). Or that they hunt for their sustenance to begin with, because unless you are hunting public land close to where ever you live, costs associated hunting in general are way more higher than even organic beef at the grocery store.

But y’all expert marksman with one point of contact for your rifle to rest on (your barrel on the edge of the window) continue to justify making your unethical shots on a target that’s way more likely to move than a deer’s torso. Y’all are such bad asses!

Last edited by 2coolforschool; 10-10-2018 at 12:24 PM.
2coolforschool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 12:26 PM   #82
Buckwheat
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bosque County

Quote:

Same here. I NEVER take a side shot to the neck.

ďThere's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.Ē -Fred Bear-
Buckwheat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 01:24 PM   #83
CrossTimbers
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brown County

I always aim for the throat patch when meat hunting, that way all meat is in good condition.
CrossTimbers is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 01:27 PM   #84
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2coolforschool View Post
I like how people justify that if they donít take the shot, the deer would have gotten away. Or that it saves meat (maybe on a doe, but certainly not a mature buck), as if their five tags werenít enough, but also end up taking their deer to the processor (which doesnít save meat). Or that they hunt for their sustenance to begin with, because unless you are hunting public land close to where ever you live, costs associated hunting in general are way more higher than even organic beef at the grocery store.

But yíall expert marksman with one point of contact for your rifle to rest on (your barrel on the edge of the window) continue to justify making your unethical shots on a target thatís way more likely to move than a deerís torso. Yíall are such bad asses!
Well dude, there's enough ignorance in your post to understand why you have the screen name that you do...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 01:49 PM   #85
HighwayHunter
Eight Point

Iím not a bad (or great) shot with a rifle so I avoid neck/head shots just so I donít accidentally blow its jaw off. Iíd rather not pull the trigger than have a deer running around with half a face.

HighwayHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 01:54 PM   #86
Atfulldraw
Pope & Young

Hunt In: a high fence, southwest of DFW, Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
Not sure how a missed neck shot blows the jaw up- sounds like head shots to me. Neck shots I take are 15 inches from jaw
MOPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by -HIC- View Post
Man, .243 should not be considered a 'kids round', or any less lethal than others, it hits hard and kills quick. Have him shoot the high probability shoulder shot and you will not track at all. Aim mid shoulder and you have six inches of leeway for a drop right there harvest with a good bullet. Deer hit in the shoulder usually drop in front of you and don't get up.
it's my favorite round that gets shot (right before they call in a tracking dog....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Well dude, there's enough ignorance in your post to understand why you have the screen name that you do...
the old shotgun approach.....
Atfulldraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 02:18 PM   #87
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

I don't understand how people are shooting deer in the head by accident and blowing jaws off whatnot when you're aiming for the neck. How many inches high are people having their rifle sighted in to shoot at 100 yards?....Are people sighting in their guns at all? Sounds just like one of my buddies. That rifle bouncing around in the passenger seat might not be sighted in quite like it was 5 years ago when you had 3 bullet holes almost touching at 100 yards.

If you shoot a deers jaw off while you're aiming at its neck that doesn't mean it's a bad shot to take. That means you're a bad shot....

Last edited by okrattler; 10-10-2018 at 02:21 PM.
okrattler is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 02:22 PM   #88
glen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: anywhere

when you are culling and not “hunting” you don’t want to have to look or track. My kid was to the point he did all his work where it ended up in the road. He could back up and no dragging or looking. He is lazier than me.
It is a very ethical harvest. I will continue to do it and doubt I’ll ever have an issue with it. I have tracked a few when bow hunting that I have shot. Lost a few over the years. Never lost or tracked a broken neck

Rattler is spot on
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 02:27 PM   #89
frios
Four Point

Default neck shots

no wasted meat
Attached Images

frios is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 02:35 PM   #90
powderburner
Eight Point

Hunt In: Zapata-San Ygnacio

straight on aim for the white patch. Turned sideways I aim for the soft spot right below the ear.

Its either a miss or DRT. Not many misses

know your gun and know your own limitations.
powderburner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 02:40 PM   #91
AgHntr10
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where the thieves and poachers roam

Quote:
Originally Posted by frios View Post
no wasted meat
You did it wrong on the Auodad...aim for the guts so they run off and you don't have to touch them!
AgHntr10 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 02:43 PM   #92
Hardware
Eight Point

Hunt In: Texas, Western US & Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Thereís much more/better meat in the neck than the shoulder. I donít buy the argument/excuse of neck shooting instead of lung/shoulder shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's why I said just below the ear that way you don't mess any meat up!!!!
Hardware is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 02:46 PM   #93
Buck-N-Rut
Ten Point

Hunt In: Abilene/Brady

Most of the deer Iíve shot in my life have gotten their neck broken.
Buck-N-Rut is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 02:50 PM   #94
SaintBlaise
Four Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings, TX

I have always taken neck shots, and only missed one deer. It was a doe at 20 yards, knocked her down, must have missed her wind pipe and spine. Since then, I have moved my shot placement to the shoulder. The deer drop like a rock and you don't lose the neck meat. Guess I need a bigger target these days.
SaintBlaise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 02:52 PM   #95
Tx_Wader
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jackson County and Utopia

Maybe someone should start a Head Shot thread...this one is about neck shots. If you shoot a deer's jaw off when aiming for the neck you have other problems.
Tx_Wader is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 02:58 PM   #96
BitBackShot
Eight Point

Hunt In: Llano County

Only time I've ever done it was during the rut. I was hunting out in the open just sitting under a tree in camo and had a buck trot right up on me and then slam on the brakes when he winded me at about 50 yards out. He was stomping his hooves and very clearly about to take off so I put the crosshairs on his throat and pulled the trigger. He leaped forward right as I squeezed and I was certain I'd missed.

Actually turned out that I hit him low in the brisket and it went straight in and took out his heart. No exit wound, found no blood whatsoever, but got lucky and stumbled upon him about 80 yards away while doing circles.

I won't do it unless there's not another option.
BitBackShot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 03:21 PM   #97
Buck Slayer
Ten Point

Hunt In: Refugio, Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2coolforschool View Post
I like how people justify that if they donít take the shot, the deer would have gotten away. Or that it saves meat (maybe on a doe, but certainly not a mature buck), as if their five tags werenít enough, but also end up taking their deer to the processor (which doesnít save meat). Or that they hunt for their sustenance to begin with, because unless you are hunting public land close to where ever you live, costs associated hunting in general are way more higher than even organic beef at the grocery store.

But yíall expert marksman with one point of contact for your rifle to rest on (your barrel on the edge of the window) continue to justify making your unethical shots on a target thatís way more likely to move than a deerís torso. Yíall are such bad asses!
Barrel on the edge of the window?! Clearly you're polished in the harmonics department...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Good call Slick!
Buck Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 03:33 PM   #98
FVR JR
Four Point

Hunt In: San Saba County, Colorado County

Any shot that puts them down clean is ethical. The difference between a neck shot and a shoulder shot is that you have a much smaller, more apt to move target. Anyone who has never screwed up a shot is either lying or hasn't shot at many. I'll take neck shots, but I know my limitations. Take whatever shot you feel comfortable with.
FVR JR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 03:56 PM   #99
frios
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgHntr10 View Post
You did it wrong on the Auodad...aim for the guts so they run off and you don't have to touch them!
haha...right.
well, I ended up touching it. haha
frios is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 04:17 PM   #100
Still Hunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tex, Kansas, Colorado, New Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
I hope you are not seriously asking this question.

Bullets kill by a high-energy impact that crushes tissue and bone. Bullets literally cause a shock to the nervous system. Often Knocking down the animal or incapacitating it by the impact of the bullet let alone the tissue and bone damage caused from the bullet impact. This also reduces the animal's chance of running away.

Broadhead-tipped arrows deliver a low-energy impact that kills by cutting vital thru lungs, arteries , the heart and other vital tissues. Animals die from hemorrhaging and bleeding out. The arrow must be placed properly for a quick kill and easy recovery in an area with lots of vitals that have major blood flow. The neck area does not have as many vitals in a cluster as the heart lung area. But just the impact of the bullet in the neck can cause a deer to die let alone the tissue damage.
Still Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top