Ozonics 230 or 300????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ozonics 230 or 300????

I'm interested in purchasing one of the Ozonics scent control devices either the 230 or the 300, and I was curious what everyone thinks about their products. Is it worth the price?

I've got the 300. Love it. It's a little loud but I turn it upside down and it's not as noticeable to me. Weather it makes a difference to the deer don't know but I can't hear it as much. I've had good success with it. Deer downwind from 15 to 30 yds and never spooked. Good luck.

Comment

Good info they have some refurbed 200 units for 200 right now and a few other sales. I think one in my box blind would be helpful any others that have had success that they are aware of

Comment

I started using one last season and will not hunt without it. Both hogs and deer directly downwind from ground blinds with no problem.

I went to buy the 200 and the 300 was on sale for the same price at Cabelas so I went with it.

Comment

i have never used the ozonics but I am on the log6 pro staff. Ozone is NOT safe to inhale. The log6 uses a sealed container to treat your clothes. You can also use it in a car or closet without being inside of it. Yes it eliminates odors on clothing. I dont know if id want it blowing out over me in a tree but there must be enough oxygen to balance it. What I dont understand is how its supposed to treat anything when its being dispersed outside of a closed in area. Thats not how ozone technology deodorizes from what I understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonann View Post
            i have never used the ozonics but I am on the log6 pro staff. Ozone is NOT safe to inhale. The log6 uses a sealed container to treat your clothes. You can also use it in a car or closet without being inside of it. Yes it eliminates odors on clothing. I dont know if id want it blowing out over me in a tree but there must be enough oxygen to balance it. What I dont understand is how its supposed to treat anything when its being dispersed outside of a closed in area. Thats not how ozone technology deodorizes from what I understand.
            My research and theory tells me the same. In a controlled setting (bag, car, room... even blind) it will at minimum work to a good level. But open air...no dice. It physically and scientifically can’t do “much”, some but very minimum

Comment

I’ve got the 300 & really like it. I had my sons shooter 9 at my stand opening weekend & I had the 300 on boost mode, unit point in the direction of my hand corn & the wind shifted blowing straight to him. He was at 15 yards & never even looked around. So my experience is they work.

Comment

LET IT RIP! Will NOT hunt without one

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                  My research and theory tells me the same. In a controlled setting (bag, car, room... even blind) it will at minimum work to a good level. But open air...no dice. It physically and scientifically can’t do “much”, some but very minimum
                  yep. plus, i see no reason to chance inhaling more ozone than we get naturally.

Comment

I do use mine - the 200 - , and think it makes a big difference - especially when hunting out of enclosed blinds.
                    I will say that the battery will die much faster than you would expect. I get about 2-3 hours out of my battery - TOPS. On a cold day maybe half that.

Comment

I work with a guy that swears by his 300 unit. He has animals approach from downwind that had winded him in the past. I’m very tempted to try one.

Comment

I've been tempted to get one of these as well. BUT i hunt only out a a hang-on tree stand. i usually try and hunt the wind. Deer being typical, circled my setup and tried to come in down wind and decided against it. They aren't really hitting the corn where i am anyway. They didn't blow out but just didn't commit to come into the mot.
                        Anyway, i just dont see this thing working up in a tree. Thoughts??

Comment

A buddy of mine has the 300 and raves about it. On my short list for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Operator View Post
                            I've been tempted to get one of these as well. BUT i hunt only out a a hang-on tree stand. i usually try and hunt the wind. Deer being typical, circled my setup and tried to come in down wind and decided against it. They aren't really hitting the corn where i am anyway. They didn't blow out but just didn't commit to come into the mot.
                            Anyway, i just dont see this thing working up in a tree. Thoughts??
                            I have one as well and use it all the time. No matter what technology your using, hunting the wind should always be part of the equation. The idea with ozonics is to have the ozone fall like a waterfall in the direction that the wind is blowing to mix with your human scent.

Comment

I have a 200 that my wife bought me for an anniversary gift. I didn't use it for two years because I thought it was a gimmick. I had a good spot in a creek bottom food plot that I almost ruined because the wind wasn't reliable. I started using the Ozonics and things slowly turned around for me there. Took about a season, but deer started coming back to that plot when I was actually hunting. I not only fooled deer, I fooled hogs and coyotes. In another spot that I only bowhunted on a north wind, I had two large hogs come from directly behind me and each passed my blind within spitting distance, one on each side. That was the clincher for me.

One caveat though, I don't think they work near as well in the open, like a hang on or ladder stand. In blinds, they work !

Comment

Working...
                              X