In search of a bow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In search of a bow!

Looking for a bow for my husband! Let me know what you have. Not looking for anything in particular, this is his first bow!

There are some really good deals in the classifieds. Go take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Might want to find out what draw length and such before you spend some money on a bow that does not fit him. Bows are like clothes and shoes, if they do not fit, is he going to wear them.

Comment

agwrester has an elite energy 35 70# with 29 and 29.5" mods.. package deal he was considering to sell for 500.. that is the deal of the decade in my opinion.. might want to send him a pm and see if its still for sale..

thats if it fits your husband.. Mudslinger had a great point ^^^

Comment

double post.

Comment

RPM 360 IN CLASSIFIEDS. PM me for a deal. Adjustable draw. Super fast.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

If he is left handed, just posted my bow in classifieds also.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                Might want to find out what draw length and such before you spend some money on a bow that does not fit him. Bows are like clothes and shoes, if they do not fit, is he going to wear them.
                X2. Maybe take him to a bow shop and let him test out a couple. Stay close and listen to what draw length they say he should get and then you'll have your starting point.

Comment

I'm in the search for my first bow as well and learned a lot from visiting a bow shop. I agree with all the above.

Comment

Have him go to a bow shop and shoot a variety of different bows. Find a bow that fits him with proper form. Just "any" bow may not fit him properly and cause bad habits and bad form which is very difficult to correct or "unlearn" later on down the road.

Brand and speed doesn't matter. Remember, American Indians used sharpened rocks tied to sticks...

Comment

Originally posted by HeatherRae View Post
                      Looking for a bow for my husband! Let me know what you have. Not looking for anything in particular, this is his first bow!
                      Right or Left handed ?
                      Draw length?
                      draw weight?
                      Right or Left eye dominant?

These are a couple of things you need to know before buying a bow. If he has never drawn a bow he will need a lower weight to start with. He will need to be fitted for a release. Peep sight will need to be fitted. Arrow rest is very important. First timers usually have issues keeping an arrow on the "in vogue" skinny rests.

It would be best to take him to a pro shop and determine his draw length and weight. Eye dominance and which side of the bow he is gonna shoot from? Beware of people that would sale you a bow without first asking these questions.

As stated above, alot of good bows in the classifieds, just make sure it fits him correctly.
                      Last edited by lovemylegacy; 08-30-2018, 03:41 AM.

Comment

bear archery bows are a good beginner bow while keeping the cost down

Comment

I've got a couple old 90's Martin's if you're in the Wise/Parker/Tarrant area. Cheap.

Comment

Working...
                          X