No announcement yet.

Almost at the end of my rope.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang in there man, I am sure something good is waiting around the corner for you. Stay strong and keep the faith, praying things turn for you!

Comment

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
      My Toyota light comes on occasionally...knowing that it has something to do with emissions and knowing that I live in a place that does not require emission tests, I simply turn the light off and go on my merry way.

Don't know if Allen is in the land of mandated passing of emissions, but if not, it's an idea.
      Yep. Emission county.
      Originally posted by Storm View Post
      Could be just a loose gas cap not sealing the tank or one of the solinoides on the evap canister is bad.
      Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
      Check gas cap first, there could also be a hose loose from the evap canister, my 09 ram did that and one of the hoses to the canister was loose. Put it back and code went away.
      Put a new cap on it yesterday. No change.

Originally posted by perow View Post
      “Tough times don’t last, Tough people do”

Let me know if you need any help
      You've already done enough for us Spencer.
      Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
      Keep fighting! I had about a 5yr stretch where nothing went well. Makes normal, non-exciting, life that much more enjoyable.
      Our stretch has been going on for 10yrs and doesn't seem to be slowing down.
      Originally posted by Grand Passage View Post
      Google & youtube search the code. I seem to remember having that same code on my 2010. There is a filter box that sits on top of transmission (follow line from fuel tank area). Box can be opened and the filter media can be vacuumed. This cleared my code.

I also had a similar code due to the fuel filler breather tube becoming clogged. Have you had issues filling the gas tank? Caused by driving on too many dusty roads, also know as using a truck as a truck.
      I have noticed that I have to fill it slower.
      Originally posted by mchildress View Post
      Look at the bright side at a point there is only one direction to go and that's up. Have had a rough one this year too. Mother in law passed and two days before funeral I fall and shattered my wrist. Still have a plate and two pins that will be removed in a couple weeks but killed my bow shooting and hunting season this year. Son diagnosed with cancer and not operable at this time. Had his first round of chemo last Thursday. Keep your chin up the sun will rise tomorrow.
      My prayers are with you and your family.
      Originally posted by JStrickland View Post
      Give it to god he has the strength to get you through anything. Everyone goes through hard times and if it wasn’t for those hard times we would not appreciate the good times. Stay strong and lean on god and your family your never alone in anything you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I'm beginning to have my doubts.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
        “Tough times don’t last, Tough people do”

Let me know if you need any help
        What he said Randy!!

If I can help you fix it this weekend let me know. I can hunt the next one!!

Comment

And thats why my next ride hopefully doesnt even have a computer.

Comment

Keep your head up bud things will get better.

Comment

If a code was going to come on my truck I would rather it be evap than anything else.
              Maybe try resetting the code and seeing if it triggers again. Car should not be up for inspection anytime soon if you just bought it. I say reset it and see because two years ago, was towing a trailer and got an engine light that came up evap. reset the code and didn’t change anything (not even the gas cap) and to date the light hasn’t come back on.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Passage View Post
                Google & youtube search the code. I seem to remember having that same code on my 2010. There is a filter box that sits on top of transmission (follow line from fuel tank area). Box can be opened and the filter media can be vacuumed. This cleared my code.

I also had a similar code due to the fuel filler breather tube becoming clogged. Have you had issues filling the gas tank? Caused by driving on too many dusty roads, also know as using a truck as a truck.
                The piece on the left is what you are looking for above the transmission. Pry off the cover and clean the filter media. It is definitely worth 20 minutes attempting this.

The next thing i would try would be cleaning the charcoal canister, and there are plenty of youtube videos on how to perform this.

Comment

Take to a repair shop that has a real diagnostic computer. They can pinpoint exactly what the issue is. Best $75 you'll spend.

It'll all work out.....You got a year before you need an inspection!

We told you not to by a GM

Comment

Dang man, hate that its going so rough! Good news is, like others have said, that code is generally minor. Seems like the solenoid for my wifes tahoe was like $15

Comment

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
                      Look at the bright side at a point there is only one direction to go and that's up. Have had a rough one this year too. Mother in law passed and two days before funeral I fall and shattered my wrist. Still have a plate and two pins that will be removed in a couple weeks but killed my bow shooting and hunting season this year. Son diagnosed with cancer and not operable at this time. Had his first round of chemo last Thursday. Keep your chin up the sun will rise tomorrow.
                      Prayers for your son Mchildress..Just went thru my 3rd round of Chemo if yall have any questions about side-effects PM me (I have about 6 that stay with me at all times and took forever to figure them out.)

And Prayers for you Randy..Its all small problems in the Big Picture of life, how is you Grandchild ?
                      Last edited by Eric Pence; 10-17-2018, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
                        Prayers for your son Mchildress..Just went thru my 3rd round of Chemo if yall have any questions about side-effects PM me (I have about 6 that stay with me at all times and took forever to figure them out.)

And Prayers for you Randy..Its all small problems in the Big Picture of life, how is you Grandchild ?
                        I've been praying hard for you Eric. I know there are worse things than what I'm going through. Alexis is doing fine. Thanks for asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                          I've been praying hard for you Eric. I know there are worse things than what I'm going through. Alexis is doing fine. Thanks for asking.
                          Keep Your Head Up Randy ..We all love you here, this place wouldn't be the same without People like you..If you ever need help I am always around cant work like I used to but I could hand you some tools or keep you laughing while you work.

Comment

Sorry to read that Goldeneagle. It can always get worse, but I know what it feels like for things to pile on. And vehicle issues, to me, can be the very frustrating. Especially in your case where you bough newer truck to avoid this. With my 2001 Silverado it was because I wasn't clicking the cap enough when closing it. Sounds ridiculous but my CIL would come in if it only clicked it once vs 3 when closing it. I think that was the number, that was 3 years ago now and all the medical issues I have been dealing with have messed with my concentration. Stress does that so I definitely commiserate with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
                              Keep Your Head Up Randy ..We all love you here, this place wouldn't be the same without People like you..If you ever need help I am always around cant work like I used to but I could hand you some tools or keep you laughing while you work.
                              Thanks for the offer, but you take care of yourself. Your a good man and we don't want to lose you. This stupid weather doesn't help. It's already got me in a blah mood to begin with.

Comment

I'll bring the Burger King!

Comment

Working...
                                X