Pics from our road to our property in Mountain Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perow View Post
    Tye-did you draw the short straw with Troy?
    Nope. I took off work all week. And it rained every day. He had to work. We had standing water everywhere. Also got stuck in the field where your dad killed his buck.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      yikes
      That is actually the third gap at that particular spot.

Comment

Great job

Comment

Originally posted by Tye View Post
          Dang, that bites

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
            Dang! Seeing that fence makes me wonder how many high fenced ranches lost fences and high dollar animals.
            I was talking to a friend about that yesterday evening. There will be a lot of money lost, and a lot of hunters in the surrounding areas at the edge of the water who will have banner years this year

Comment

You may want to put tin across the gate part. The water hitting it will push it up higher and debris won't hang up there. Also if it does stay open a little bit, animals are less likely to go through as they cannot see past it.

Comment

There was also a thread where a guy hung some big, wide converyor belt instead of fence. Claimed it worked good.

I don't know if this would apply to you (flow wise), but I have seen where people come inside their property 50' of so, and drive pipe posts into the ground to catch debri before it gets to the fence. The posts were spaced just a few feet apart, and some even have dead legs on them.

Comment

Yikes!

Comment

Good idea Draco

Comment

Originally posted by kenforu View Post
                      This are all high water gates that were supposed to open when the water got high, it looks like it was very high and powerful. I hate to see it there are four high fence places on the road and all four have lost some of the fences.
                      Can you get to Rocksprings down 41? Im supposed to head that way in the morning.

Comment

I hope the damage is minimal for y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                          I was talking to a friend about that yesterday evening. There will be a lot of money lost, and a lot of hunters in the surrounding areas at the edge of the water who will have banner years this year
                          Feel bad for folks who lose animals but mother nature is no respecter of property rights. Last month, I sold my place just down from Snodgrass road. Seeing these pics makes me both glad that I sold and wishing that I hadn't!

Comment

Working...
                          X