LRGV- Teniente Exotic hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LRGV- Teniente Exotic hunt

Was lucky enough to draw a permit for Feb 8-10.
    Questions: Did anyone else draw this hunt?
    Where should I look for places to stay?
    Seems there are fewer rules here and info is harder to come by. Was lucky enough to score a bull on Laguna A last year with insight from several seasoned pros here so any PM’d tips or pointers are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't get drawn

Comment

I’m staying at a hotel in Raymondville. It’s only about 20 minutes to the refuge. I’ll be bow hunting east lake in one month. I’ll give you any advice I can when I get back.

Comment

You guys got the hunts this year. I got Aransas. Whooptydo! Its already overrrr! Ill be following along and standy bying like the mad man I am!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
          You guys got the hunts this year. I got Aransas. Whooptydo! Its already overrrr! Ill be following along and standy bying like the mad man I am!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
          Granger saturday 1030a

Comment

18 years and counting, never been drawn for the rifle hunt. Gotten the bow hunt but no rifle hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
              18 years and counting, never been drawn for the rifle hunt. Gotten the bow hunt but no rifle hunts.
              Dang shame there are no Stand By positions As close as you are it would be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
                Was lucky enough to draw a permit for Feb 8-10.
                Questions: Did anyone else draw this hunt?
                Where should I look for places to stay?
                Seems there are fewer rules here and info is harder to come by. Was lucky enough to score a bull on Laguna A last year with insight from several seasoned pros here so any PM’d tips or pointers are greatly appreciated.
                Thanks

Hey John, me and 2 buddies got drawn for that weekend at East Lake. We got drawn for Laguna the weekend before so we are pretty excited. Hopefully we can help you packing out if you are successful. Feel free to send me any tips for Laguna!

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
                  Dang shame there are no Stand By positions As close as you are it would be worth it.
                  Your telling me.. All I can do is sit there and watch the trucks go by every year. At least I have drawn the bow hunt sometimes.

Before it was a draw for the archery hunt I would put in for all of them. It was first come first serve. It didn't bother me back then if I didn't get the rifle hunt because I had all the archery hunts. Now there are some years that I don't get anything so I have to travel to go hunt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunted there last year and shot a cow the first morning. While I was making one of my trips out with her a heard of 2 bulls and 5 cows ran out of the brush at about 150 yards and stood there and looked at me. I had left my gun in the truck( thank god or I would have taking a shot) hunted the next two day and saw another lone bull and 5 cows . Hunt the edges and let the other hunters push them your way. The east side boundary was the hot spot for me. I drew East Lake this year for 22-24 of February

Comment

Working...
                    X