Wicker Style Sprayer / Johnson Grass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wicker Style Sprayer / Johnson Grass

I am trying to get rid of the Johnson grass on my place. Is there any kind of selective herbicide for Johnson Grass that won't bother everything else?

I have a Wicker sprayer, but have not used it yet. I am going to attempt to use it as soon as the grass gets a little higher and before it seeds. I am not sure of the ratio of roundup and water though. I would think that it would be more than the standard 5% mix that I use when spraying it.

Yes, I know cattle are the best way to get rid of Johnson Grass, but I don't have water yet so that isn't an option at the moment.

Pastora

Comment

Lots of good info here:

My place is infested with it and I'm starting a combo of disking regimen and herbicide applications.

Comment

I think your wick bar will work with remedy in it ... Tough Grass to kill but if its mixed with coastal, fertilize the coastal and keep killing the johnson grass eventually it will choke it out.

Comment

Msma

Comment

Had a boss tell me one time “Best way to get rid of Johnson grass is to move”. Since moving is not an option, thanks for posting this useful info.

Comment

I should have added that I’m going for native grasses. Blue steam, Indian grass, etc. thanks did the tips so far.

Comment

since you have a wick let the Johnson grass get taller than the other grass and wipe with roundup keeping the wick higher than desirable grass. that's what they were made for also does not take much roundup just keep rope wet to the point it doesn't drip on good grass. a lot of cotton farmers used this method to get rid of Johnston grass out of their cotton fields

Comment

Originally posted by clay4626 View Post
                  since you have a wick let the Johnson grass get taller than the other grass and wipe with roundup keeping the wick higher than desirable grass. that's what they were made for also does not take much roundup just keep rope wet to the point it doesn't drip on good grass. a lot of cotton farmers used this method to get rid of Johnston grass out of their cotton fields
                  Yes sir, that was the idea when I bought it, just was not sure of the ratio of roundup to water.

Comment

Working...
                  X