Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leupold scope question

I was planning to get a Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x40mm CDS
    but while I was thinking it over apparently it has been discontinued. So now I'm looking at the VX-3HD 4.5-14x40mm CDS. Does anyone have experience with it? Would it be a good substitute for the VX-3i?

Yes, supposed to be better glass than the VX-3i

Comment

you cant go wrong with a Leopold

Comment

I got that scope on my new rifle. It's a great hunting scope, very clear with good turrets.

Comment

You’ll be just fine with it. As previously mentioned it has better glass than the VX3i as well.

Comment

Very nice scope. Leupold is the only scope I use and the 4.5-14 is a very versatile and usable range as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Go buy one at a pawn shop and send it to Leopold to get retrofitted and you
              Have a good scope

Comment

I have been looking at the vx3 hd too, especially since they put the locking turrets. Looks like a great lightweight scope

Comment

I’ve broken every brand of optics from Burris, weaver, EOTech, Simmons, and the cheaper ones. All of my rifles wear leupolds except one has an aim point. Never broken a leupold. I have a 3.5 x10 VX3 with BC reticle on my 300 WSM. The VX3 is a great piece of glass. You’d be happy with your purchase

Comment

how big of a step down is it to go to the Freedom? I didnt go CDS last time because I switch out ammo and did not want to spend for the 2/3 different rounds I use

Comment

Working...
                    X