Skunk removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skunk removal?

My mom set out traps to catch possums in her backyard. Not sure why she felt she had to do this, but she did not catch and possums. Instead, she caught a Skunk. I am trying to find her someone who can help remove it. She lives in Arlington. I have called a place and they said they couldn't help "due to the rain the last few days."

I thought I would cast a net and see if anyone here had any leads.

Edit...her current plan is to throw a tarp over it and then release it at a park. Not the best plan.
    Last edited by ctom87; 05-28-2021, 10:53 AM.

I do the "tarp" thing, actually painters plastic, but I don't release them in a park.

Comment

My grandpa caught one a while ago and i tried the tarp method but did not want to get sprayed...ended up shooting it in the trap.

Comment

Call the city. They will come get it

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
          Call the city. They will come get it
          She tried that unfortunately they will not remove "wild animals".

Comment

Has she called her son? After all she’s done and sacrificed for him over the years, I would think he would step and and help her out.

Comment

Get ahold of Webstertroy I believe he is in the ft worth area and in animal control

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
                Has she called her son? After all she’s done and sacrificed for him over the years, I would think he would step and and help her out.
                Yes, she has haha. I can't get over there until tomorrow and they have a dog they need to let into the backyard. Plus she isn't going to like how I would do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                  Horse****! Lazy *******s.

Good luck Momma.

Comment

They have come and taken several raccoons and possums from my buddies house in Arlington. Sounds like they are not wanting to mess with a skunk. Ridiculous

Comment

Yes, she has haha. I can't get over there until tomorrow and they have a dog they need to let into the backyard. Plus she isn't going to like how I would do it.
                      Acceptable answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                        I do the "tarp" thing, actually painters plastic, but I don't release them in a park.
                        2 rules---1. If they spray in the yard, they die in the yard. 2. If they don't spray in the yard, they die in the pasture.

Comment

Hmmm.... I caught a skunk in a live trap some time ago. I used a painter's extension pole to open the trap on one end and just let it go on it's way. My experience with skunks is they will usually stay calm if you are and don't make any sudden moves. If you spook it by throwing something on top, it's gonna spray... I just give them a wide berth, lol.

Comment

call animals control back and tell then it a possum lol

Comment

Originally posted by Anythinghunter8 View Post
                              call animals control back and tell then it a possum lol
                              Yep.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X