Nothing better than found money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing better than found money

Just got an email at work that our company will be paying $250 direct deposited to your bank account if you show proof that you got vaccinated for Covid 19. I did get vaccinated, for several personal reasons, and don't really care if others do or don't. My wife will not take it because it isn't FDA approved. My reasons:
    1. I don't really care if I get infected with it but my wife has a compromised immune system and didn't want to bring it home to her.
    2. I check several of the comorbidity boxes, turning 65 this year, a little over weight, Type II diabetes, so figured anything that might help keep me around longer to keep paying the wife's vet bills for the cats is something I should do.
    3. Wanted to do whatever I could to get past this stupid mask wearing. If someone approaches me when I am not wearing a mask and wants to see proof that I have been vaccinated I will tell them politely to go pound sand.

I am hoping this will be the beginning of us finally completely ditching the masks at work. Meanwhile, I will have $250 to invest in something fun.

Cheap payment for when your wiener falls off or you grow a second nose if you ask me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
      Cheap payment for when your wiener falls off or you grow a second nose if you ask me!

LOL

My thoughts were why are you still working at 65 and worrying about a future/mask policy with this job. Retire and enjoy it

Comment

Nothing wrong with getting paid for something you already did for free

Comment

Nothing is free......they'll get it back one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post

As for the first, all I do nowadays is just run a little water through it so who cares. As for the second, that would be the government's way of me having to keep wearing a mask...

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              LOL

My thoughts were why are you still working at 65 and worrying about a future/mask policy with this job. Retire and enjoy it
              If I had done a better job of saving when I was younger I could have probably already retired!

Comment

By hippa can't ask who is vaccinated or not but can look at who they paid out.....

Comment

That is ground for a HIPPA suit. They might as well start doing the same for flu shots Pneumonia shots shingles vaccine Etc

Comment

HIPAA does not work that way at all. It protects you from having your information given out without your permission. Your employer, doctor, insurance salesman, granny...they can all ASK whatever they want. You just don't have to tell them.
                    Last edited by eastover53; 05-19-2021, 04:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I work or myself I guess I need to pay me 250.00 as I got vaccinated too.

Comment

I got $50 worth of employee appreciation points and a day of vacation in 2022.

Comment

Tell them to pay out per shot, then you get a bonus every year for the boosters too.

Comment

I've never seen so many misinformed people regarding employers and hipaa...I thought y'all were supposed to be smart.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I love free money. I found $25 on the road yesterday that looks like a 5 gal can

Comment

Working...
                              X