Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable pitching mound help

I’ve been pricing them and wow.
    I have a high schooler that would like one.
    Anyone have one or know where to get one that won’t break the bank ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you considered building one? I don't know if it would be good enough for a high school pitcher but years ago I built some for our little league bullpens. The base is made from 2 8ft long 2x10s tapered from 10" where the rubber sits using the proper slope to the other end. Cover with a high quality outdoor carpet and attach the rubber

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      Have you considered building one? I don't know if it would be good enough for a high school pitcher but years ago I built some for our little league bullpens. The base is made from 2 8ft long 2x10s tapered from 10" where the rubber sits using the proper slope to the other end. Cover with a high quality outdoor carpet and attach the rubber

I did consider it but I’d hate to buy the lumber $$$ and then fack it up.
      It’s still on the possibilities list.

Comment

You tube has lots of videos on how to do it. I built several for little league teams. It is worth doing it yourself.

Comment

I built one right after Covid hit. And built a throwing net all out of lumber and scrap materials from a baseball training facility. Lumber i did have to buy. My kid threw of it and I had 5 college pitchers that threw off it. Q from UT came twice a week with 3 other as well. If you build it long enough- sturdy enough- and to the right dimensions they will use it. I donated it to Jarrell HS baseball when kids were done and back at school. But they are not portable when built right- im guessing about 300#

Comment

Lumber definitely high -- I work at Home Depot: need 3/4" plywood about $64, plus about 3 2x8s (or 10s), along with some outdoor carpet. Still, with ready-made mounds around $300+, you could probably make one for about half the price of buying one. For portability, can use a couple of lawnmower wheels mounted near the back on an axle of all-thread. The one I made was usable to and through high school; kid pitched 4 years of college ball, so I take total credit for that from building that mound.....

Comment

Comment

Holy crap, those are expensive. Just build one yourself! It's not hard to make, and I threw off one quite a bit in high school. Never bothered me.

Comment

Build it, far cheaper. I’ve built 2 and both are still going strong after 10 years and I did not use treated material. Both have spent most of their lives under a roof but not enclosed. Also, use a 1x4 for the pitching rubber. I used 2 straight casters on the rear edge. When you pick up the front end, the wheels will hit the ground.

Comment

You can build one easy. Kid and I did it in a couple hours.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                      You can build one easy. Kid and I did it in a couple hours.

That looks real nice. I could probably make that happen.
                      Thanks to all for the pics and the ideas

Comment

if you don't need it portable, just get you a load a dirt and make one.

Comment

You should be able to build one out of lumber for around $2,500.

Comment

I can't build anything but I was able to build a pitching mound by myself.

Comment

We bought one from a graduating seniors Dad for $300 and about to buy his other one so we have 2.

Also bought one years past for $1,000 from On Deck Sports. So I have experience with them.

I will say this: you get what you pay for!

For 1-2 kids using it, it should be just fine

Comment

Working...
                              X