2015 GMC Trensmission issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 GMC Trensmission issues.

Well I was making the 12 hour drive to Kansas City yesterday. Going on to Minnesota. Stopped for fuel at the 11 hour mark. Left pump and the transmission started slipping and then wouldn't go into gear. Got it towed to my hotel. Hours later it seemed fine and moved about the parking lot. I am well past due on the fluid and filter change. Could it just need that?

196,000 miles.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 04-04-2021, 06:31 AM.

Unless its way low on fluid no that’s not it.

Comment

It seems way overfilled when checked cold.

Comment

Get ready to spend about 4500 bucks. Just had to in my wife's 2016 yukon

Comment

Overheated. Did u shut the truck off to refuel? U need to let trans cool off by idling few minutes or let it idle while u refuel. Or the trans cooler has blockage?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Holy burnt transmission fluid batman. Drop the pan and change the filter then top back off. Filter is stopped up and starving for fluid.

Comment

Sold my wife’s as soon as I felt the shutter at 110K lol

Comment

I have a 2015 GMC and I’m on my 4th transmission. Im so ticked I’m switching to Ford on my next truck. GM should have never put that junk on the road.
                Last edited by sharkhunter; 04-04-2021, 08:10 AM.

Comment

If it worked after it cooled down that would lead me to believe the fluid got too hot. Does the fluid smell burnt? If you got that many miles on the original transmission consider yourself lucky. Had many transmission shops saying that you are on borrowed time after 160k.

Comment

Burnt Orange trans fluid.....

My 2015 Chevy ate two transmissions before I decided to get rid of the unit. Second time sounds just like yours starting. I did every service recomm. and that did not help extend life of trans.

Get your wallet ready.

Comment

Take it to a transmission shop and have the fluid and filter changed. Get them to clean your transmission cooler also. Might take longer for the return trip but drive 60 mph on the way home. Service asap after getting home.

Comment

Wow. Thats horrible, I'd never own another GM. I've had 1 and it was enough.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

the fleet vehicles I run are all fords but my personal vehicles are gmc.
                          my service shop works on industrial allison transmissions. if you run them hard and hot then they will all fail. we change out a lot of allison transmissions in the summer at $160k a pop, so we make darn sure to verify everything.

yours sounds like it was run hot. you should be able to see the transmission temp if you drive it in tow mode.

Comment

My sister in laws gmc just did this last weekend. Piles of junk.

Comment

We have had great luck with our GM vehicles. The 3 before this one of mine all went over 300,000. I still have my 08 at 330,,000. My wife's 08 has been problem free. She babies it though.

Comment

Working...
                              X