Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever done a vehicle wrap to protect the finish from brush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever done a vehicle wrap to protect the finish from brush?

I'm about to close the deal on a nice bronco that has been redone and has a really nice new black paint job. I'm buying it to take on some hunting trips, to the ranch etc. I don't want to mess up the finish with brush scratches and wear/tear from the trails. Has anyone ever put a wrap or some kind of "temporary" protective film on a vehicle? I have seen alot of business vehicles with them for advertisement. Thinking just something 1-2tone and simple. Any advise or experience? also any recommendations in DFW or waco area?

A real wrap will run $2,500-5,000, depending on what you want.
    I’d get the magnetic sheets luke what companies put their name on that stick to the side of their truck. You can get them custom cut for your vehicle and they’re easily removable. Just make sure there’s not dirt on the paint, or you don’t slide the magnet around, when you put them on.

Comment

Trim your roads.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        Trim your roads.
        Since your offering your services.....
        Some places we go isn’t our lease, I have a truck that stays at main lease. Sometimes I hunt other ranches and I can’t control their roads.

Comment

I was wondering if there was like a heavy duty “wax” that would add some protection to the clear coat.

Comment

Get a white truck

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Paint it with plasti-dip

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                I was wondering if there was like a heavy duty “wax” that would add some protection to the clear coat.
                Lol. To protect from brush? No...

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  Trim your roads.
                  Or get an ATV.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    Paint it with plasti-dip
                    Apparently this works well and can be removed with no issues.

Comment

I've heard there's some sort of spray you can buy that protects and then washes off...not sure if that really exists but I've heard some guys talking about it.

Comment

That’s just free custom pin striping.

Comment

I think some might have missed the point of the question so let me clarify. It’s a 1995 bronco, restored and a high end BLACK paint job I don’t want to ruin. I will be driving on hunting trips and general outdoor activities as well as weekend and weekly driving. I don’t want the paint destroyed by brush scratches I might encounter.

Looking for a temporary covering to protect it so the finish holds up well.

Comment

Ford is working on a special edition O.J. Simpson Bronco

But instead of white it will be Nicole Brown with blood red interior

Comment

Ahahahahahha oh man. This is classic.

I’ve never owned a truck I didn’t scratch the hell out of with brush, but they do make a clear plastic film people put on sports cars a lot. They call them bras. Push ‘em up.

Try this link...

Comment

Working...
                              X