Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truck stuck in national forest, tow company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
    The local Game Warden will also pull you out; I know from personal experience
    The ones around here wouldn't, at least the last time one was asked. Said it was a liability and they were not allowed. Truck wasn't "planted" either, got it out with a UTV

Still burns dad's butt

Maybe they changed rules or some are willing to bend the rules for the good

Comment

Man I just saw this and I’m about to head into work. If you’re not out this afternoon let me know and I’ll come do what I can. Got tow straps and a big dodge on 38’s.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post
        I’m on 558A. You turn on 227 in ratcliff, then take first road on the left. I’m still there. Trying to get chain come along right now. I hate to take up somebodies time, be inconvenience.

I let the warden know this morning i was stuck and trying to get it out. He didn’t bring up pulling me out, however I did t ask.
        Do you think a 4wd 1/2 ton pickup will pull you out? Or will you need a wrecker?

Comment

I don’t think a 1/2 ton will. I’m setting sideways across the road, so you can’t really pull me straight back. Plus, since I messed it up more trying get out, so the front is dug down.

I am going to try and use the chain come along to pull it about 1-2 feet. Then I should be able to get traction back on my rear tires and back up in 4 low.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post
            I don’t think a 1/2 ton will. I’m setting sideways across the road, so you can’t really pull me straight back. Plus, since I messed it up more trying get out, so the front is dug down.

I am going to try and use the chain come along to pull it about 1-2 feet. Then I should be able to get traction back on my rear tires and back up in 4 low.
            PM on the way.

Comment

Just go hunting for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                Does she simply sit in the bed of the truck for added weight/traction?

Hopefully, you've made it out by now. The local Game Warden will also pull you out; I know from personal experience
                I laughed at this harder than I should have

Comment

Tow company said no go on federal land, never got an explanation

Comment

Use the chain hoist to pull down on the rear end and help you get traction. Then back up as far as you can and do it again, eventually you should work your way out.

Comment

Pics??!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just keep comealonging. Its slow and it sucks but it works.

Comment

Have you tried the board and ratchet strap trick?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                            Have you tried the board and ratchet strap trick?
                            What trick is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
                              What trick is that?

While I was checking my fence I got my 11,500lbs service truck stuck in the mud! Using a 2X4 and some ratchet straps I was able to do a self recovery.Donate ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Truck-off-road-mud-tire-stick.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	24558616

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                                Lol! That's the exact picture I was going to post.

Comment

Working...
                                X