Anybody else bummed out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
    Get with your neighbors and pitch in on a bobcat rental.. you can blade those washouts clean in no time. I rented one the other week for like 200 day with tracks and tooth bucket
    This is true! However, if you rented a skid steer for a day and took it to our place in Llano, you would probably have a huge rental tab after it got buried! Sloppy, soupy red dirt mess. Either feast or famine it seems.

Comment

Went to TPWD draw hunt at beautiful Kickapoo Cavern State Park two weeks ago and roads to the park were closed due to flooding for days. On third day, managed to slosh through three highway low crossings from Bracketville, but had to hoof it most of the time on the hunt. Now, after that, all of my local hunting spots are under water and more mud sloshing on foot. Using my hand cart for transport, and feel like a plow horse. Good exercise I guess.

Comment

I don't have an access issue but I have three Coverts running with little to zero movement.

I stopped by the lease yesterday to check on my food plot. I have a good stand of clover and bean coming in but much of the clover is now standing in water. Not sure how long it can handle that after just sprouting from the ground. The only good thing is the acorns will be gone sooner.

This is the first year in many that I have no interest in sitting in a blind.

Hoping for a freeze by Thanksgiving and that food plot will turn to gold.

Comment

Same boat as you. I have had 1 sit all yr. on a positive side deer will be 1 yr older and bigger next year.

Comment

How close can you get to unload all your gear into the polaris and make the trip?

Comment

I have one spartan that went down so not sure what is going on there maybe a sim card ? , but the other cam has almost nothing on it from getting 3-4 dozens pics a day to 3-4 right now .

Comment

Not so much bummed as just waiting on go. The rain has ruined most of bow season for lots of folks but once we get a freeze things will pick up in my neck of the woods. If it wasn't for the rain, we would all be complaining about acorns or the full moon or the heat.

Comment

And this is why I own a Jeep vs ATV/UTV I drive it there and no muddy roads stopping me from hunting.

Comment

Park the truck and ride the four wheeler in.

Comment

Yeah, I'm seriously bummed. Had hip surgery in June and couldn't go to the lease for a couple of months. I try to go at least every other month to check feeders//cameras, water lines and kill some sheep and pigs. Then it rained out my dove season. I finally made it to the lease the second weekend of October only to find the roads in were in the worst condition ever. Water had rolled down through those draws at least 6-8 feet deep, washing them out, leaving huge boulders in the way. I had to use 4WD to get in and even that was iffy. Then the rear axle goes out on my UTV 3 hours after making it to the lease. Then had to make a round trip drive back home to get the trailer to take the UTV in for repairs. Then it took two hours to get out of the lease on a Sunday when I had planned on leaving on Monday.

Now my UTV is in the shop, the mechanic is out of town until this Friday, which means he probably hasn't ordered the parts yet, which means it will be a week before they come in, which means it won't be ready for opening weekend.

Now a water tender operations training has been scheduled for Nov 10-11 which was a long weekend and I was going to the lease, but no longer, which means I can't go until the weekend of the 17th.

Whew, there I got it all out. Yeah, I'm bummed.

Comment

I havent been to the lease since around March or April. Been too busy working. Have been planning on making a quick trip to get some work done but looks like it has been raining there several times a week for 6-8 weeks......heard the mosquitos are horrendous....

Comment

It’ll be over soon, I won’t add to the problem by rutting up the road worse than they already are. I’ll just try to hunt longer and harder the rest of the season. Nothing anyone can do about this crazy weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
                            How close can you get to unload all your gear into the polaris and make the trip?
                            1.5 miles

Comment

No. Been working 6 days a week, so it hasnt even come to my mind. Hopefully folks that needed the rain it got it, and the ones it had negative effects on have started getting everthing put back to normal.

Comment

It sucks! I made it two weekends at the lease then missed the third due to flooding. Now I’m working the next two weekends. Hopefully we can get in there the week of November 9th. It’s a wreck around our place!

Comment

Working...
                                X