Winchester 94ae

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winchester 94ae

So I just bought a 1982 win 94. It has the rebounding ha met and no cross bolt safety. So here is my question.
    Since is has no half cock when you let the hammer down it is not ready to fire again unless I partially disengage the lever and then cock the hammer.
    Is this normal or is there a trick to it.
    Been shooting a marlin 336 since 1978.

On mine (with crossbolt) you just have to thumb back the hammer. Something sounds funky.

Comment

been awhile since I had a win 94 but I am not familiar with one that did not have a half cock ,, never heard of a rebounding hammer,,, sounds like it might need to be looked at

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
        been awhile since I had a win 94 but I am not familiar with one that did not have a half cock ,, never heard of a rebounding hammer,,, sounds like it might need to be looked at
        All the winchesters 94s with the sideways safety have rebounding hammers, i think all the ones with a tang safety have rebounding hammers as well

Comment

Not sure if should have a half cock or not but to fire just thumb the hammer back and your ready. No need to work the lever.

Comment

That’s the problem. You can’t just thumb back the hammer on this one

Comment

FINALY. Took her apart,stoned rhe sears, oiled her up and now she works fine

Comment

Working...
              X