Kitchen knife set?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitchen knife set?

Anyone have any suggestions on a good kitchen knife set? All my kitchen knives are horrible and looking to buy some for Christmas.

Yep. I wouldn't buy a set, but rather build one out of knives you really like.

Global
    J.A Heckles
    Wusthoff
    MAC
    Shun

Are all brands I would look at. Decide what knives you need and pick what brand suits you.

My opinion anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
      Yep. I wouldn't buy a set, but rather build one out of knives you really like.

Global
      J.A Heckles
      Wusthoff
      MAC
      Shun

Are all brands I would look at. Decide what knives you need and pick what brand suits you.

My opinion anyway.
      This 100%. Buy a knife block and start off with a good forged chefs knife. You can add as needed but a good chef knife will take care of most kitchen work. Wusthof is my favorite but all the brands above are top notch. Knives are another “buy once cry once” item.

Comment

When I get the extra funds one day I’m getting Shun

We are the kitchen knife experts. Browse hundreds of your favorite Japanese chef's knives or find the perfect Wusthof knife set at Cutlery and More. We also offer a curated selection of premium cookware and knife sharpeners.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
          When I get the extra funds one day I’m getting Shun

https://www.cutleryandmore.com/shun-...ck-set-p128717
          That is actually a darn good deal and doesn’t have a bunch of extra knives that will never get used. Really nice set.

Comment

Originally posted by Muygrande View Post
            That is actually a darn good deal and doesn’t have a bunch of extra knives that will never get used. Really nice set.
            Me likey

Comment

I’ve got a forged set of Henckels that have treated me well. I’d buy those again if I had to do a redo.

Comment

I really like Victorinox Fibrox pro as a good starter set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cutco knives. Lifetime investment. Lifetime replace and sharpen. Great blocks with full sets.

Comment

Cutco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you can wait for them, I highly recommend Brian's work. Very unique and great quality knives:

Comment

Been rolling with a Chicago cutlery set for a while now. That and a worksharp sharpener can’t be beat for the money. Could afford more but can’t justify it.

Comment

We have a set of J. A. Heckles that we got for a wedding gift almost 20 years ago that are still just as good as the day we first got them

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
                            I really like Victorinox Fibrox pro as a good starter set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            This, Dexter, or Forschner are good inexpensive knives.

Comment

Thanks for the input. It gives me big start on which ones to look at

Comment

Working...
                              X