The 2020 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cb4128 View Post
    I’d like to see a shorty/PRS hybrid - defiance action, mid-weight short barrel (18-22”), folding chassis (with custom camo options) and I’m envisioning .22-264 calibers for general Texas use.

Would be a really cool truck gun and compact predator rig.
    I'd be on this. Or a lightweight hunter similar to last year. Love my '19 APR. Need a solid predator rifle now

Comment

Originally posted by robie View Post
      I vote for something like the Tomahawk.

Or could you guys do a barreled action deal? That would keep the cost down and allow people to select chassis or stock of their choice?

Another suggestion as I know you said too many people not involved in the community participated last year, could you make it for people with a certain # of years of membership on TBH? I'm sure an admin could help you verify membership.
      Or limit to only current members, meaning if you arent a member as of today, you have to wait till next year or something?

Comment

I built a 20” 7-08 last year so I’m set for light weight short barrel setup. I think a barreled action would be awesome for this year. It would allow guys to build what they want and then configure stock/chassis as needed.

And I agree, there should be a cap/qualification to keep the orders down for y’all. I think a minimum time on the board/posts should keep newbies only joining to buy rifle out

Comment

I also missed out on last years build, and would be sending deposit day one if a build similar to last years was offered. I like where the adjustable comb has been recommended. Barreled action deal would be cool too if carbon was still going to be offered. Still got the itch for the 6.5 PRC or a 6 Dasher

Comment

My 2 ideas would be either an ultralight mountain rifle or something more PRS minded.

Comment

Adjustable comb version of last year would be sweet too. Good platform for my 338 lapua ive had a itch to build. Or maybe a short barrel/light recoil predator, trainer, varmit rig.

Comment

I’d like a light long range hunter, carbon barrel, carbon stock etc. 30Noz or 300PRC

Comment

I’m all about a barreled action build also!!!

Anxious to see where this goes

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                    I would be all in for a 4.5 to 5lb gun in 308 with around a 20 inch barrel
                    x2

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      Ultralight hunter hits my want list
                      this is me. Lightish hunting rifle with traditional stock. But a comb could work as well.

I didnt get in on 2019 due to the stock. Id be shopping for the wife and she didnt like it so we passed. Shes wanting a 7-08. Of course I have a junior in high school so a nice APR would make a great graduation present that I can play with till he makes the walk. He'd be please in anything really. Ive been more than happy with the 2018 manbun

I also like the idea of being able to keep this in-house and not getting non members into a build. BUT, I also think thats a decision for Robert and the guys at APR. Its their business to run as they see fit

Comment

I really liked the traditional styling of the 2018 build but with an adjustable comb. I would be in for that.

Comment

Cats already out of the bag

Originally posted by Fishermw View Post
                          I’d like a light long range hunter, carbon barrel, carbon stock etc. 30Noz or 300PRC
                          Nice first post haha

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                            I really liked the traditional styling of the 2018 build but with an adjustable comb. I would be in for that.
                            Adjustable comb adds weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                              It looks like its about that time of year again(thanks for reminding me 150Class). This is the thread where we all contribute ideas of what we want this year's TBH special build to look like!

For those that haven't played this game before, we basically collaborate as a group(as best we can) to come up with a custom rifle theme that is unique to this forum. When we get close to settling on some basic design parameters, I start leveraging our group buying power with our vendors and securing us some great deals. What this means for you - you get a great custom rifle at an incredible price. We do this once a year, and only here.

Anything you want to see, put it here! If enough folks want the same features....it will happen. We'll leave this up for about a week to get everyone's input, then start distilling it down into a couple concepts.

My thoughts: It's going to be tough to beat last years build! The weights, the balance and the overall performance checked all the boxes for me in a do everything hunting rig. It was probably the most rifle for the $$ we have ever been able to pull off. We're up for the challenge, though. We have typically done hunting builds, which is just fine with us.....BUT, I'm really itching to do a true long range heavy rig on a big scale at some point, or maybe a PRS style chassis build for a change of pace. But....it's not my choice, its completely up to you guys to decide.

The only thing that is certain is that it will be on a Defiance action this year. Our lefties almost got left out in the cold again last year because our action wasn't ready in time and we don't want that happening again. It will also allow us to offer small boltface options for 223 or its variants. We will probably set a limit on how many we build this time around, but I'll spell it out clearly before we start taking orders.

So TBH/APR 2020 special ideas, GO..............
                              I also agree with this since so many people off TBH got in on it last year. Maybe set requirements or something for members wanting to place orders.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                                This is my vote. I've been considering something like the APR Maverick in 300PRC as a deer stand rifle that could also double as a long range toy or big game (nilgai, etc.) rifle.

But I am anxious to see what everyone comes up with.

Comment

Working...
                                X