Balcones 22-24 Nov.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balcones 22-24 Nov.

I drew unit 10. Was supposed to be another guy and myself, but he didn't show up, so I had the the 162 acres to myself. That was about the best part of the whole hunt. No deer, pigs, turkeys seen and very little sign of deer and turkey. There was a good amount of old pig sign. I slowly walked during mid day looking for areas that could be holding deer, but in 2 days I only saw 2 sets of deer tracks, one old scrape and 3 old rubs. It was however a cool looking place. I would probably give it another shot if I get drawn again, unless I get unit 10. Lol.
    I did hear quite a few shots on the surrounding private land.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Dang, I hunt the next dates coming up, hope there is a little more action than how your weekend went. Youth produced some good numbers, I will ask the ranger what the numbers were for this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by jaredmartin View Post
      Dang, I hunt the next dates coming up, hope there is a little more action than how your weekend went. Youth produced some good numbers, I will ask the ranger what the numbers were for this weekend.
      Not sure how the other aread played out. The only area that was really close was 11. I heard one shot iver that way.
      I read up on this hunt/unit Well before hand and disnt hear anything goid about unit 10, so I kinda expected it to not be that great. I just figured I'd still go for a change,of scenery.

Comment

We went to balcones and it was a pretty lousy hunt. But it all probably depends on what property you draw

Comment

Working...
        X