Glueing inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glueing inserts

What glue do y'all use to glue inserts in?

Sent from my XT1687 using Tapatalk

Loctite “Extra Time” epoxy.

Comment

5 min epoxy

Comment

I used hot melt on these last ones and have had no issues. You just need to keep a cup of water handy to dip the ends in after gluing so the heat doesn't damage the inside of the carbon shaft.

Comment

Prolly not wise...but hot glue...like glue gun hot glue...but with a lighter. I like to play hokey pokey with inserts and point weights. Ive had a few inserts pull out of the shaft in the target but many many not.

Ill eventually go epoxy once I quit dancing around.

Comment

Aae max impact glue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used Bohning Ferr-L-Tite Cool Flex Insert Glue on my last arrows. Quick, easy and holds extremely well. And with some hot tap water can be softened enough to rotate in the shaft to adjust your head to your vanes if needed.

Comment

Glueing inserts

this is the best stuff I have found to use, I use it a lot. For Outserts I prefer AAE 2-part slow cure epoxy but for regular inserts the Instabond is pretty hard to beat. Be sure whatever you use if it is a quick set adhesive that it is rubber impregnated as this will stand up to the shot to shot abuse. Other compounds that aren’t impact resistant will sheer across the bond.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                  this is the best stuff I have found to use, I use it a lot. For Outserts I prefer AAE 2-part slow cure epoxy but for regular inserts the Instabond is pretty hard to beat. Be sure whatever you use if it is a quick set adhesive that it is rubber impregnated as this will stand up to the shot to shot abuse. Other compounds that aren’t impact resistant will sheer across the bond.

Agree, this works super. Have been using it for 3 years and have never lost an insert. Bob Smith also makes the same stuff

Comment

Working...
                  X