Backup bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup bow?

I am finally going to upgrade soon from my 18-year-old PSE Whitetail Extreme. It's not adjustable enough for my wife or a neighborhood kid to take, so I've given thought to selling it to get a little cash towards my next bow, trading it in at Bass Pro for a little less, or just holding onto it as a backup. Although the last idea sounds good in theory, I'm not sure I'd like to be out on public or a backcountry hunt with another bow sitting in my truck. How many of you hold onto old bows for this purpose?

It's a good idea. Never know when ur bow might b damaged and have to go home or try to find a place to fix it in the middle of nowhere

Comment

I can't sell my 2015 RPM 360 on here if that helps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I do, started doing it after a trip to Wisconsin in the late 80's when I had a string break.

Comment

Last year during thanksgiving I broke a string and didn't have a back up and I hunt on a archery only lease. It took 3 weeks to get my bow back so I now have a back up.

Comment

I keep a backup. Generally, it’s a target bow that I can quickly put into service for hunting should I need to. At the moment, I still have my hunting bow from before buying the triax this year. Considered keeping it as a dedicated backup hunting bow, but I’m probably going to sell it after all. I can’t imagine not having a backup at this point.

D

Comment

Keep it as a back up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to keep a backup bow, when I hunted out of state. That's probably over at my age, and if something breaks now I'll just get it fixed and hunt some more later.

Comment

I have had back ups from buying newer bows, BUT (knock on wood), I have never used or taken one on any hunt I have ever been to. That includes NM, CO, WY, MI, NZ and RSA and here in TX. My luck may run out one of these days, but I hope not.

Comment

I have several back up bows

Comment

I keep two or more around.

Comment

Keep it. Had a buddy put his broadhead into my cable 12 years ago. Didn't cut it in two but cut it enough. I had a backup in the truck. If I hadn't had it, the 7 hour drive and PTO taken would have been for nothing. I always take a backup when I go hunting. Doesn't matter if it is private land for a weekend or public for a week. Good luck with the decision.

Comment

my arsenal
                          #1 heavy arrow hog bow
                          #2 all around medium arrow hunting bow
                          #3 light arrow rocket for 3d etc.
                          #4 bowfishing rig
                          #5 spot shooter 40 in./7 1/2 sloooow bow

we all know lots of people with an arsenal of guns so why just one bow
                          #1,2,3 are #3 RKT Hoyts so someday 1 will end up canabalized for parts. till then i'm buying hunts instead of bows.

Comment

if I hunt in the back yard the back up is in the house less than 100 yards away,, if I am at the lease the back up is 3 miles away,, when I go to west texas it is in the camp house or the truck,,, I personally have not needed it but I have loaned it to dummies a few times ( sometimes I take 3 to west texas!)

Comment

Man, some good thoughts. I just put my bow up on the classifieds. I still think I'll sell it and use my traditional bow as my backup I guess. Got my brain churning though... @Hogdaddy, totally solid points on backup guns and such.

Comment

Working...
                              X