Day lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day lease

Looking for some more day leases to go try. I like the package hunts and the meat hunts just gives me choice of what to shoot. I would like something like diamond c but they changed the price liked that place. Anything close to being like the (c) and if any cross bow allowed father in law likes to hunt but can't pull a bow back anymore. And more pigs the better thanks

Same as behnke21. Always looking for new Archery day leases & good hog bowhunting at a reasonable price. Suggestions.

Comment

Double L is hard to beat

Comment

I am looking forward to this thread. I am from Oregon, and really excited about a Texas adventure. What I cannot get a bead on is the animal quality of the day leases compared to the trophy fee ones. I also consider size of the ranch. I realize all acres are not created equal, and that a brushy/hilly 820 acres is tougher than 10000 wide open acres, but for me, personally, 640 acres is a minimum. I am not judging any one, it's just coming from the land of no high fences, I tend to want the bigger properties.
        My top choices from my "internet scouting" are Extreme Bowhunting, Bugscuffle, Diamond C. I am chomping at the bit for pics of good/average/smaller animals,and recomendations of places.

Comment

I've been to several of the most popular day places. As for quality of animals and shot opportunities Buffs Big Oaks and Skyler at Diamond C are my top choices.
          Plenty of live threads done from both of these ranches. Just search.

Comment

Hi smb250, I have been searching relentlessly. Here, facebook, youtube. A couple have changed hands, so not sure the old stuff is representative anymore. A lot of threads seem to go OP: Heading to such and such ranch this weekend. 25 guys reply "good luck" or " I want to try there someday", then it dies. I think I am nearing the point that it is time to just man up and go for it. But hey, the research, and living vicariously thru everyone else is part of the fun.

Comment

Buff @ Big Oaks is top notch. Been to a couple of ranches and his is great. I took my boys there a couple of years ago. We got three hogs and I got a great Axis. At that time he had some great Axis and Fallow bucks. Hoping to get back out there soon. You will not be disappointed. I have kept up with his place on facebook and it looks like he has done a lot more work since we were there. You want go wrong by going there!

Comment

Just back from Timberlake Ranch, was a great time and good price. I did not connect, but am booking with friends this week again.

Comment

Me, son & G-son were at Extreme in mid March on the meat hunt (2 days) We all saw animals but nothing killed. We are planning a return trip in Jan. or Feb. 4 day Exotic package this time. I could have had shots at Aoudads (nice ones, 2 different ones) & had several Axis Bucks at 15 yds. one evening (1 nearing that magic 30" I'm guessing) & the rest were all nice. I missed 1 of 3 hogs I saw. My G-son had Axis Does, ewes & Hogs close (on our pkg) but just unable to get a shot. My son missed an Axis Doe & unable to get a clear shot on Ewes twice. He also "could" have had shots at Rams but not on our pkg. Overall, it was a good place, Caleb worked hard getting us on animals & the lodging was nice & clean. I've been to several places (many changed hands ect. now) & Extreme is as good as any. We SAW Blackbuck also but none on stand. We saw several Fallows also.
                  Attached Files

Comment

There is another thread on Extreme & someone hunting there now. Someone posted the hunter/hunters? have been covered up with Aoudads.

Comment

Blood has been drawn on aoudad

Comment

Working...
                      X