Quieting up Matthews Z7 Extreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quieting up Matthews Z7 Extreme

Ok, I know that I am probably about to start a Matthews bashing thread by asking this question, but here goes. I feel like my Z7 Extreme is loud as all get out. What can one do to "quiet" it up ?

Shoot straight, they won't have time to get out of the way!

Comment

The only cure is to buy an Elite.

Just kidding. Is it out of tune? Does it have sound dampening devices like monkey tails/cat whiskers/string stops? Are you shooting a light arrow? Does the string need to be replaced? Are all the accessories screwed on tightly? Do you have a good stabilizer? Is this a new problem or have you just noticed it?

Comment

Easiest way is to shoot heavy arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by RackstackerG5 View Post
          Ok, I know that I am probably about to start a Matthews bashing thread by asking this question, but here goes. I feel like my Z7 Extreme is loud as all get out. What can one do to "quiet" it up ?
          I used to own one, but I sold it (that's a different story). that being said it is one of the most quiet and dead in the hand bows I have shot. if you think its loud chances are something is not right, loose, out of spec ......etc.

Comment

I replaced my stabilizer on my extreme and it made a world of difference.

Comment

What bowhunt said, get you some heavier arrows

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                I used to own one, but I sold it (that's a different story). that being said it is one of the most quiet and dead in the hand bows I have shot. if you think its loud chances are something is not right, loose, out of spec ......etc.
                My experience as well.

Comment

Just wear ear plugs

Comment

A good string stop, cat whiskers and heavy arrows. This will make it deadly quiet.

Comment

Check your stabilizer.the screws on everything and shoot a heavier arrow. The manufacterers suggest a heavier arrow for these faster bows nowa days.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                        Easiest way is to shoot heavy arrows.
                        ding, Ding,DING! Winner--

Comment

Id make sure all my accessories were tight and like others have said is make sure its in spec. My Z7XT was almost as quiet as my SBXT

Comment

Screw those heavy arrows! It ain't a trad bow let it haul ***!!!

And what Muddyfuzzy said.

Comment

Gotcha. I feel like it is probably the screws or something. I have been covered up with work and haven't even had the chance to check it all out. Thanks for the advice guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X