matt family orchard reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

matt family orchard reviews

does anybody ahve any good reviews of the matt family orchard. anybody evr been there? what shoudl i expect are there alot of hogs there?? evrything appreciatred

Yes there are alot of hogs out there. Rick is a good guy. I am sure several other TBHers will chime in as many have been there.

He has about 10 different stands and he will put you in the one you need to be in!!

Comment

thasnks red anyone else?

Comment

If Buzz will post he definitely can give you the BEST review. Heck, he has the key's to the place!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          If Buzz will post he definitely can give you the BEST review. Heck, he has the key's to the place!
          ok thanks. you got his full nanme so i can pm?

Comment

Hey guys,
            I've been out there a few times,lol. The last 3 times that I've hunted the orchard I've harvested hogs. Txbowkill if you like to know about the stand setups and what to expect feel free and give me a call (281)460-9470. Hey Oscar you getting things ready for your Africa hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
              Hey guys,
              I've been out there a few times,lol. The last 3 times that I've hunted the orchard I've harvested hogs. Txbowkill if you like to know about the stand setups and what to expect feel free and give me a call (281)460-9470. Hey Oscar you getting things ready for your Africa hunt?

What's your typical hunt day like?

I emailed Rick Matt and he said he usually meets the hunters at 5:30 they hunt in the morning take a break for lunch then hunt the aternoon and evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                Hey guys,
                Hey Rick,
                I figured you would show up on this thread sooner or later! Oh, you know I keep my bags packed for hunting trips! Hey, you buying me lunch???

Comment

I've been there a few times, they got a lot of hogs. The gentleman is a very humble guy. He met me out there the day after Thanksgiving at 4' in the morning a few years ago. Saw a lot of hogs and a nice buck laying out. I think the price went up to 95$or 85$. I'd do it.

Comment

$75 for hogs. No kill fee. Mr. Matt is a great guy. Nice place, close to my house (15 minutes!) I've been a couple of times. Never killed anything, but I did see pigs.

Comment

I've only been once. I didn't see anything and Mr. Matt seemed very disappointed that I didn't get a shot. I had to leave early for a family appointment. He was a great guy and I plan on trying again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                        $75 for hogs. No kill fee. Mr. Matt is a great guy. Nice place, close to my house (15 minutes!) I've been a couple of times. Never killed anything, but I did see pigs.

http://www.mattfamilyorchard.com/bowhunting.php
                        Looks like it went up to $100

Comment

Do yourself a huge favor and go before it gets hot. The mosquitos will get so thick that you need 2 thermocells and you have to get them working before you even approach your stand. I went last August after all that rain and they were swarming. I saw 2 does, no pig. My nephew got a shot at a shoat, but he missed. Good luck. Woody

Comment

hey buzz what is he price per day?? on the site it says 100 but someone said 85 0r 95

Comment

Originally posted by txbowkill View Post
                              hey buzz what is he price per day?? on the site it says 100 but someone said 85 0r 95
                              It was $75. Looks like he went up. Still well worth the money.

Comment

Working...
                              X