Mathews Focus Grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mathews Focus Grip

Has anyone used one of these? if so, has it improved your groups or accuracy?
    Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I love the focus grip way more than the wood grip. They've improved the wood grip over the years by slimming it down but focus still wins over IMO.

Comment

Focus Grip

I like the feel of the grip, but to me it feels sticky when it gets hot outside. Just my opinion.

J.Shoot

Comment

I use one. I actually prefer the wood grip but the focus I am more consistent with.

Comment

I have one on my DXT and like it alot. Now your question is "Does it help your accuracey?" possibly! I just like the feel of the thinner, smaller grip and the texture. I have a Shrewd on an S2 that I like maybe just a tad better though. They are good grips and I would buy another one.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys! The only reason I was looking into them is because when I bought my z7 extreme the guy at the shop ran thru it with the laser and all, then I went to shoot it thru paper. 3 arrows and all left hand tears! The guy asked if he could shoot it and I let him. 3 arrows and all bullet holes!!!!! He handed the bow back and nicely said " you torque your bow." I was blown away! I have been shooting a bow for the past 6yrs and never in a million would have thought I torque! I can put 3 arrows in a quarter at 20yrds. He suggested the focus grip and I just felt he was trying to push a sale of a $60 plastic grip. If it will stop me from torquing I want it. If I simply need to work on my form I will save my hard earned $60! Haha.

Comment

i have one on my z7x tactical, its not my fav but is a lot better than the giant wood one i had on my outback. its not going to "fix" anything, that's what practice is for.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                Thanks for the input guys! The only reason I was looking into them is because when I bought my z7 extreme the guy at the shop ran thru it with the laser and all, then I went to shoot it thru paper. 3 arrows and all left hand tears! The guy asked if he could shoot it and I let him. 3 arrows and all bullet holes!!!!! He handed the bow back and nicely said " you torque your bow." I was blown away! I have been shooting a bow for the past 6yrs and never in a million would have thought I torque! I can put 3 arrows in a quarter at 20yrds. He suggested the focus grip and I just felt he was trying to push a sale of a $60 plastic grip. If it will stop me from torquing I want it. If I simply need to work on my form I will save my hard earned $60! Haha.
                a lot of folks torque their bow, not sure the focus grip is going to fix that unless its a function of the grip and not your form.

I've had a couple and like them a lot. I haven't replaced the wood grip on my heli-m but i kind of like it . . . . much smaller then past grips.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                  Has anyone used one of these? if so, has it improved your groups or accuracy?
                  Any input would be greatly appreciated.
                  I'm in Orange. If you want to try one I have a few you can look at.

Comment

Torque is applied to the bow every time is is drawn. You may change your hand position to help. Almost any shop owner knows how to hold a bow to make it shoot a bullet hole.
                    A smaller grip like the focus, will change the way you apply torque.
                    If you can get to Orange I have some extras you can try.

Comment

Love mine, it helped tremendously with accuracy.

Comment

I prefer the focus grip over the wooden grip hands down. The focus grip seems to have improved my groups on my z9.

Comment

Originally posted by glpoe1 View Post
                          I have one on my DXT and like it alot. Now your question is "Does it help your accuracey?" possibly! I just like the feel of the thinner, smaller grip and the texture. I have a Shrewd on an S2 that I like maybe just a tad better though. They are good grips and I would buy another one.
                          Is there enough difference between the Shrewd and the Focus to justify changing? Got a Shrewd on my Outback--and am happy with it (I think).

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                            Is there enough difference between the Shrewd and the Focus to justify changing? Got a Shrewd on my Outback--and am happy with it (I think).
                            I like the focus grip for the texture of the grip more than anything. The Shrewd is a smooth hard plastic but feels really nice in the hand. One other thing about the Focus grip is sometimes I can feel a bit of pinch on my L thumb from the edge of the grip rubbing on my thumb on the draw. Not a big concern but I have noticed that difference.
                            Focus grip: nice soft feel, nice looks (especially on all black bow) thin grip is easier on small hands. Rubs a little on the L thumb, tad on the sticky side.
                            Shrewd: smooth cold plastic, slides easily on the release, good feel on draw, thin as well.
                            Factory grip: Usually to large for small hands, I didn't like the angle, it is smooth and they look very nice, not as comfortable as a thinner grip.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
                              Torque is applied to the bow every time is is drawn. You may change your hand position to help. Almost any shop owner knows how to hold a bow to make it shoot a bullet hole.
                              A smaller grip like the focus, will change the way you apply torque.
                              If you can get to Orange I have some extras you can try.
                              Here you go right here. This is a really nice offer and you might should take him up on this.

Comment

Working...
                              X