Pulling shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulling shots

No matter how i chase my shots, sighting my sight in, my arrows are always low and right. I'm just getting back into bowhunting, so could it be improper technique? Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!!!

What kind of bow? Draw length? Draw weight? Arrow Length and spine? Broadheads or Field points?
    Could be that the arrows are under spined for your draw length and weight.
    But yes it could also be techinique. I may be wrong but a jerky trigger pull could cause that.

Comment

Are you saying that no matter how you move your sight or pins that you always will hit low and right?

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
        Are you saying that no matter how you move your sight or pins that you always will hit low and right?
        Correct!

Comment

Some thing is out of tune if you cant catch your arrow, if your around CS take your rig to live oak and let jon help you out he is a good dude and pretty good figuring our the problem.

Comment

If you group low and right, move the sight. If you get fliers low and right, make sure all rest and sight bolts are tight. If not that you may have a loose nut behind the string.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbark View Post
              Correct!
              It sounds to me like you have a major problem with your shooting form because anytime you move your sight or pins it should always change the point of impact of the arrow even with a out of tune bow. The best thing for you to do is take it into a good bow shop and tell them the problem you are having and have them go over the bow and watch you shoot it. My best guess would be you are not anchoring the same each time, punching the trigger and torquing the bow at the shot.

By the way, are you having this problem with just field tips or fix blade broadheads or both?

Comment

I'll bet you use a whisker biscuit or something like it and don't shoot much. I do and see the same thing because when I shoot after a layoff, I drop my bow arm and peep.

Comment

Bow? Arrows? Rest? Which direction are you moving your sight? Is the bow tuned?

Comment

Target panic

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                      I'll bet you use a whisker biscuit or something like it and don't shoot much. I do and see the same thing because when I shoot after a layoff, I drop my bow arm and peep.
                      What does this have to do with the price of rice in China?

Comment

Have some one else shoot it. If they hit bulls....its you. If they low and to the right, its not you.

Comment

Peeking. Follow through.

Comment

Inconsistent anchor, right handed archer shooting low right. Punching trigger and dropping your arm at the same time. Try pushing and pulling through your shot with light pressure on your trigger.

Comment

Working...
                            X