coons and my feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

I am having luck with grease on the legs of the feeder so far. Until I order the Eliminator plate in a few weeks..

Comment

I used Duke Dp's traps.

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the eliminator will not stop all coons. I have 7 feeders with the Eliminator spin plates and two of the eliminator spin plates the coons can reach and coons have figured out how to pull down the Eliminator and get the corn. I'm now going to have to build cages for them but I hate cages because it really knocks down the spread of the corn but it's better then having coons empty 1000# feeders in a month and a half like they did last time. The good thing with the eliminator though is you don't need big cage with small holes as you just need a big enough cage so they can't hang on the spinner plate with both arms and pull it down as they can't pull down the spinner plate with only one arm on it.

Comment

I need to get bigger cages too. The regular square ones only give 'em something to hang on to while tearing up my feeder trying to the food. I've had plenty of pics w/ 4-5 of the little buggers doing pull-ups from my cage while 1-4 more are on the ground eating shat they drop. We've gotten so that, in the off season, we walk or drive the property at night (especial around the feeders) and spotlight trees. When we see the eyes in the trees, we keep the light on them as we approach. They hold still while light is shined on them. When we get close enough, we let the 12 ga. feast. Stack 'em high. We still have plenty around, but we haven't had as many problems since we began to thin them out.

Comment

I use SpinTech and had no problems this year. I had tried everything before with no luck. I will have pics of them on the ground eating at night, but had zero pics of them on the feeder by the end of the season.

Comment

eliminator spin plates

Comment

Originally posted by BassMaster View Post
                eliminator spin plates
                x2 along with DP coon traps to save batteries on your camera

Comment

Coons and Squirrels are the most determined, innovative, acrobatic little critters AND THE MOST DESTRUCTIVE!

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                    time to get a Dukes DP trap.
                    or ten. Those traps are phenominal!

Comment

Working...
                    X