Tournament Arrow Selection? Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tournament Arrow Selection? Advice?

Hey fellas, just purchased my first Target bow from Nordic76 on AT.

2012 Hoyt Vantage Elite, 27" 40-50# but soon switching to a free set of 50-60# XT 2000 limbs.

I have decided on the arrows to go with.

Easton Full Bores for 3D and Easton A/C/E for field.

My question is with those specs what spine should I get and any tips or advice I may need? I can do hunting shafts all day but I'm fairly new to anything pertaining to target archery.

Thanks

You may not get the full bore to spine out right. The super large diameter shafts are really thin walled and stiff. If you load the front enough, then you are eating speed, and with that short of DL you will need all the speed you can get.

I suggest you look at the Black Eagle Magnums. Same diameter, and use full bore components, but have a much wider spine selection range, and less expensive.

Right now I am shooting 27.5 DL on a less aggressive cam set to 58 pounds and use a Fatboy 500. I tried to shoot CX line jammers, and they worked well for indoor, but were long, super loaded weight wise up front and sslllooollwwwww.
    Not a good mix for 3D.

Are you going to have different hardware for field and 3D? Because changing from that large shaft to the ACC, your nock point will not be right, rest will be too low and probably too far outside, string loop too loose, and sights way off starting at about 25-27 yards. Just some things to think about.

Comment

If 60 pounds as far as spine I would shoot a .400 spine. If it's a tad stiff you can go with a heavier point which will make it a tad more forgiving anyway.

Comment

Thanks yeah and there is a lot more .400 spines I can find used tham .350's.

Comment

Working...
        X