Chill R/Mission Blaze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chill R/Mission Blaze

Could someone who has had there hands on both these bows tell me the difference in them besides price! I love the Chill R and was looking at the specs on the Mission Blaze and they are real close to the same(almost exactly).I've noticed Bowtech does the same kinda thing with there Diamond models! Is there enough difference in spending almost twice as much or are they basically the same bow?

Been wondering the same thing

Comment

Anyone!

Comment

I have shot both. to me you get what you pay for IMO.. Chill R HANDS DOWN..Not knocking or beat up on Mission. it is a huge difference in the quality and how they are made. If you do not shoot the Chill R and only shoot the Blaze you will love it. If I was going to buy one are the other I would just save more money and get the Chill R. I know that does not really answer you question. Just my .02

Comment

I agree with pigsticker. While mission has great bows, the attention to detail is not quite as attuned as with the mathews line. Missions are a bit less vibration free an can be noisier than any mathews. But, if you are talking sheer numbers and don't care about the overall weight, feel, and look of the bow then they are pretty much a toss up

Comment

The components used in each bow are night and day. Mission components tend to be plastic and of less quality compared to those of the Mathews pro-seris bows. While very similar the Mathews and mission lines are very different from one another, each catering to a different consumer. I've shot both bows and they are both shooters.

Comment

ChillR was my choice

Comment

I agree. You get what you pay for. Shot them both and Chill r wins by a long shot. Chill r is smooth, quiet, and fast, where as the blaze not as smooth, grip is very bulky, and is heavier.

Comment

The Mission line is a good way for someone who can afford to or justify spending the higher cost for the Mathews. You get some of the features, and a bow that is still pretty dang nice for almost half the price. The Ballistic and the Blaze are decent looking bows with a great price tag.

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone! Thats kinda what I figured but wanted to hear what people had to say who had shot both bows.Thanks!

Comment

Puck up a used Chill(30.5" ata/7"bh) for the same or less price if the Mission. Best of both worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by HawgEnvy View Post
                        Puck up a used Chill(30.5" ata/7"bh) for the same or less price if the Mission. Best of both worlds.
                        I was going to suggest looking into this as well. I remember shooting the Chill last year when I was in the market for a new bow, and the only thing that made me choose the Creed was that I guess I'm a sucker for that smooth draw cycle of the solocams. It was super quiet and had little hand shock even without a stabilizer. Definitely had more punch behind it as well. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Comment

I have owned a Creed, Chill, and now a ChillR. To me, the ChillR is the best of the 3. It is a longer ATA bow, but it just draws and shoots so nice.

The CreedXS feels better to me than the original Creed.

Comment

Working...
                          X